High Circle Preview — Archer
Travar: The Merchant City is making its way through production, waiting mainly on art to be finished up (art is being commissioned and managed by our German partners over at Ulisses Spiele), but also squashing bugs and fixing typos.
Meanwhile, work continues on the Companion, which will include material for high-level play. We’ll get back to some previews of Travar in the future. For now, though, let’s take a look at the Warden and Master progression and talent selection for the Archer Discipline.
This progression is pretty solidly locked in at this point, though some minor changes in the final rules text and names of talents may end up in the final version.
Warden Talent Options: Astral Sight, Chameleon, Critical Hit, Defense, Ethereal Weapon, Lasting Impression, Lifesight, Matrix Sight, True Sight, Wood Skin
- Blood Bound Bow: The adept performs an eight-hour ritual to attune to a specific missile weapon, taking 1 point of Blood Magic Damage. At the end of the ritual, the adept gains a +3 bonus to all Attack tests made with that weapon. The adept may end the effect at any time, allowing them to heal the damage and bond a new weapon. Only one weapon may be bound at a time.
- Karma: The adept may spend a Karma Point on Recovery tests.
- Discipline Talent: Blind Fire
- Defense: The adept adds +2 to their Mystic Defense.
- Mystic Armor: The adept adds +1 to their Mystic Armor.
- Discipline Talent: Spirit Strike
- Defense: The adept adds +1 to their Social Defense.
- Karma: The adept may spend a Karma Point once per round on a Perception-based test against an opponent they have damaged since the beginning of the previous round.
- Discipline Talent: Eagle Eye
- Defense: The adept adds +4 to their Physical Defense
- Initiative: The adept adds +2 to their base Initiative Step.
- Discipline Talent: Trace Missile
Master Talent Options: Lion heart, Orbiting Spy, Relentless Recovery, Second Chance, Soul Aegis, Venom, Vital Strike. Vital Ward
- Perfect Shot: The adept uses supernatural senses and their connection with their weapon to fire a perfect attack. They may spend Strain up to their Perception Step on an attack once per round. If the attack is successful, each Strain spent in this fashion adds a +2 bonus to the Damage test. This is in addition to any bonus damage that might normally apply to the attack.
- Defense: The adept adds +3 to their Mystic Defense.
- Karma: The adept increases their Karma Step to a d8.
- Recovery: The adept gains an additional Recovery test per day.
- Discipline Talent: Influence Missile
- Defense: The adept adds +5 to their Physical Defense.
- Mystic Armor: The adept adds +2 to their Mystic Armor.
- Discipline Talent: Snapshot
- Defense: The adept adds +2 to their Social Defense.
- Initiative: The adept adds +3 to their base Initiative Step,
- Discipline Talent: Multi-Shot