Plans for new armies

Discussion on the Demonworld game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or miniatures.
Wendigo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Plans for new armies

Postby Wendigo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 am

I realize, that there is quite a lot of work ahead for the existing 8 armies to come up to speed for 3rd edition, but I was wondering if there are plans for new armies (somewhere around 2020 or whenever). I always wondered about the minions of the southern demon for example.

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Plans for new armies

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am

I hope not 2020!! Much sooner than that. Once we get things back into shape again, and assuming there is sufficient interest to warrant new armies, we want to expand the miniatures range. In the meantime, feel free to post up your wishlist for new miniatures!

Wendigo

Postby Wendigo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 am

Well:

I would like to see the minions of the firedemon unleashed. ^^
Also: A list with more undead potential would be nice, because we have a player around here who likes to play an all undead army.

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:07 am

An Undead armybook exists in french for the 2nd edition - it has received the approval of Ingo Martin (creator of Demonworld) some years ago when it was created. This army is based upon the undead units of Isthak but contains many others units or giant monsters like undead dragon, undead gar'ydwedd, lich, vampires, mummies... It's a balanced army and it was designed to be used with the existing models of Demonworld (no new models are required). Perhaps is Rebrick already aware of it ? If no, I think Redbrick should talk of this army with its french creator.

For the firedemon's army, you're not the only one who wants it ! I must confess I wanted to play it so badly I created some units and spells for this army before Ral Partha and Rebrick bought Demonworld. Fanboy, fanwork... :mrgreen:
The Blessing of Stars' eternal
Although the Knight remains mortal.

Paddy649

Postby Paddy649 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:45 pm

I'll second the call for more undead. Specifically I'd like to see Skeleton Charoiots, a Skeleton Dragon with Skeleton rider, Skeletal flyers (harpies etc), a Skeleton Giant or similar behemoth and some sort of Necromancer figure/command group. Minions of the firedemon also sound appealing.

I'd also like to see a Dwarf high command figure (possibly based around a highly ornate Anvil), a Dwarf figure riding a winged boar, Dryad type figures in the Elf range and goat headed beastmen in the Isthak range.

razghul

Postby razghul » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh yes, the firedemon must get some minions! The armies of the renegade south-provinces would also be a nice addition. Sure, they are only humans but they are missing since they where mentioned in the empire armybook. And they can ally with the Z'ahra Dwarves which makes some interessting opportunities.

If there would be another undead faction, they should differ from the Isthakis. I don't think Isthak needs more options in their armies. So lets put them in a real undead army with everithing a necromancer likes. Including Flesh-Golems ans undead ogres. Lichs ans wraiths. Mummies and ghouls. :-)

But let Isthak keep their Deathknights ans Skelleton-Warriors. It would be a shame if they were not longer part of the icy realm.

Swordpriest

Postby Swordpriest » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 am

How about some lizardfolk of some kind?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 am

New Human factions would be cool, possibly an invading ocean going raiders akin to the Sea Peoples (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples) of ancient times - people on the move, displacing locals and/or raiding costal towns? A pirates option would also work, although I like the first idea better ;)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

razghul

Postby razghul » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 am

The Lizardmen were planned by hobbyproducts too. In the german goblin-armybook it is told that they fought against goblin-raiders in the past. But i like the idea of firedemons more :-).

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 pm

For the Sea People / Pirates, you already have Thaïn which is a mix between Vikings and Indians.

Allow me to recall there is an undead army but an unofficial one. You can find in it the basics undead units and Necromancers as in Isthak plus Vampires, Mummies, Ghosts, Shadows, Ghouls, Lichs, giants undead monsters (dragon, gar'ydwedd etc.). For now, it's only in french but you can read the recruiting cards with ease with a little dictionnary. It's a well balanced army, allied to Isthak. You can get the armybook and the CR here : http://demonworld.free.fr/download.php?lng=fr

I still want more Demons or Ice Witches units / characters for Isthak. And the Fire Demons. And the Lizardmen. :mrgreen:
The Blessing of Stars' eternal
Although the Knight remains mortal.

Return to “Product Discussion”