Obsidianman Armor

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
calliir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Obsidianman Armor

Postby calliir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 am

Quick question I thought I read somewhere that they could wear magical armors in addition to living, but I can't find that information now. Is that correct?

arma

Re: Obsidianman Armor

Postby arma » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Not that I'd recall, no.
Best kaer anywhere.

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:07 pm

In ed2 Obsidemen are restricted to “living, thread, and blood magic armor” page 46

In EPG (ed3) it lists “Obsidimen can only wear other types of living armour” on page 22

calliir

Postby calliir » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks for both sets of rules Zombie.

treorai

Postby treorai » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Though Namegivers of Barsaive does expand on that, by stating that it isn't any sort of physical limitation, but rather a social/cultural limitation. It's not that an Obsidiman CAN'T wear full plate, it's just that most of them WON'T, as it makes them feel "cut off" from the natural world. Though most of them will consider armors made from stone to be close enough to living armor for them to wear.
My Fading Suns Epic:

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:26 am

Indeed, like that stone net armor. It's not living, but Obsidimen wear it. Dirt cheap, good protection, but extremely heavy and high init penalty. Fits the theme of the Obsidimen perfectly in my opinion.

kevsurp

Postby kevsurp » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:13 pm

In My games i let them wear threaded armor after they weave a thread to it

freid

Postby freid » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:22 pm

I prefer to keep the idea more than the rule. Obsidimen prefer something that is (or was) alive, so I've expanded the notion to leather, hide armor, and such cause you can still feel the 'connection' with the natural world.

Return to “For Game Masters”