AAR: [3M] (2021-05-06 @ 18:00 GMT) Thieves of Sosanopa

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Xzandrate
Re: AAR: [3M] (2021-05-06 @ 18:00 GMT) Thieves of Sosanopa

Post by Xzandrate » Fri May 07, 2021 2:01 am

Bonjour Patrique's Pals,

Wonderful news, this time I travelled to Sosanopa and opened a popup store with my friends. Of course it was all a clever ruse to assist the good commander there. It seems the thieves of Sosanopa had stepped up their brazenness. They had been extorting the merchants and aggressively relieving the villagers of their money.

UNACCEPTABLE! Poor villagers cannot avail themselves of the wonders of Patrique (but you can, remember to watch for the next Patrique Pop-up). This wrong needed to be righted!

We setup a store and and awaited their "offer of protection". I agreed to their offer after a shrewd negotiation, then paid them with a pile of silver laced with a wolfsbane oil, allowing the accompanying wolf to better track the thieves.

We eventually tracked the thieves down and shut down their operations from beneath the Saws 'N' Mallets tool, we freed the owner, though he was neither Mr. Saws nor Mr. Mallets. What kind of branding is this. If we had not discovered him to be the head of the thieves guild I would have offered him a discount on the new Caduceure Commercial Communications class (luckily that discount can be passed on to you, mention Saws N Mallets when enroll).

More stories will come soon, and many more offers. Bonne Nuit Pals.

predajey

Excerpts from Orfen's Journal Entry

Post by predajey » Sat May 15, 2021 4:52 am

Crammed in a corner and covered in dust is a dense book detailing the travels of Orfen. Amidst the myriad of the Throalic handwriting are a few nuggets of completely irrelevant thoughts from her. It would take a researcher hours just to determine if there is any information worthy of note. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). As you begin reading the entry, a nearby scholar looks at what you're reading, eyebrows raised, and simply says, "Good luck" as they resume reading. It takes about 6 hours to read the entire entry.

"I always wanted to open a shop! It was a trap, but still, Patrique seems to have the business know-how to actually open a shop. Maybe I can pick up some pointers? Unfortunately, all I could contribute was running through town yelling about our new shop."

"Everyone vanished in the crowd to track down different people. I was spreading word about our shop, although I think it was overkill. We had our lead."

"We found an Ork chained down. I patched him up once he was set free."

"We fought many people! Fire weapons were everywhere! Everyone's clothes were super poofy! I contributed so much!"

Other bits were found amongst the ramblings that were quite entertaining, even though they weren't really relevant to the journey:

"It was the shop to end all shops! We had Qwillem's forge, my alchemy and medical care, Perrok's flowers, and Patrique's... uh... everything he ever sold, I guess?"

"I had to check out the muscle on the guy's muscle! It was so dense! Poke pokety poke poke. What I wouldn't give for a tip on his development."

"Why don't thieves ever have signs to their lairs? They would have so much more business if anyone ever needed a thief."

"A bandage here, a tourniquet there, and the Ork was good as new! Why did we open a shop if we're just going to give away free medical aide? This is why I need to take pointers from Patrique."

"The Ork was a bad guy!?! HE WAS THE LEADER OF THE BAD GUYS!?! This is why I hate politics..."