AAR: [6H] Masters of the Wind

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain
AAR: [6H] Masters of the Wind

Post by bronzemountain » Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 pm

LFG: Masters of the Wind
GM: Dvarim
ECR: 6
Difficulty: Hard

Rumor: There is trouble brewing in <redacted>, and Amrahn, Truck, and Vallone have all been approached by <redacted>. Windlings are in danger and need assistance badly. Answer the call, wind riders!

Notes:
- Adventure runs at 7:00pm EST on Sunday, May 9th
- As always, I run groups of 5 players.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by bronzemountain on Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verse86

Re: LFG: [6H] Masters of the Wind

Post by verse86 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:50 pm

Name: Vallone
Date of Last Game Played: part of the quest
Discipline: Shadow 6
Unique: A dodgy little windling who throws shadow spears. Hates crows.
Downtime: N/A

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Tue May 04, 2021 2:20 pm

Name: Truck
Date Player last played: Part of Quest
ECR: 6
Discipline: Warrior 5th circle - Windling.
Quote/Unique:  
Notable Abilities: Slice and Dice
Downtime: None.

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Tue May 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Name: R'edtarian
Date of Last Game Played: 2021-05-01
Circle: 5 ECR6
Discipline: Warrior / Weapon Smith
Unique: The best defense is a great offense.
Downtime: Research Rank 3 Step 9 (step 12 with library access)
Downtime: Item History Rank 2 Step 12
Downtime: Forge Weapon Rank 3 Step 13

Not a Windling but...

Lashana

Post by Lashana » Tue May 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Name: Amrahn
Date Player last played: 🤔 Ummmm 😟 3/21/2021
Discipline: Troubadour - Windling.
Quote/Unique:
Notable Abilities:
Downtime: None.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Thu May 06, 2021 2:08 am

Name: Orlam
Date of Last Game Played: April 27
Circle: 5
Discipline: Elementalist 5
Unique: healing boosts, combat buffs and debuffs, comfort, navigation, and evidence analysis. (downside: he sucks at damage).
Downtime: Item History (Talent, Rating 5, step 16), Research (Skill, Rating 2, Step 9, +3 available for 20 sp in the Great Library)

predajey

Post by predajey » Thu May 06, 2021 2:26 am

Name: Calina Ravanqnerosicor

Date of Last Game Played: May 6
Discipline: Wizard (Circle 5)
Unique: Doesn't really talk much... or at all. Understands Obsidispeak, Or'zet, Throalic, Troll, T'Skrang, Sperethiel, Windling, and Throalic Sign Language. Reads and writes in the same verbal languages.
Downtime:
  • Research: ESR 24, Rank 6 (Rank 6 + Step 8 PER + Step 4 Karma + Step 4 Speed Reading + 1 extra threads [ESR + 2])
    • Library Access increases ESR to 27 for 20 SP (why you need a Research ESR of 27, I'll never know...)
  • Item History: ESR 18, Rank 6 (Rank 6 + Step 8 PER + Step 4 Karma)

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Fri May 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Name: Dale
Last played: 4/27
Discipline: Illusionist/Nethermancer
Notable Abilities: Illusions, Nethermancy, Elementalism, Wizardry, Folding Paper, etc.
Downtime: Item History 14 (Rank 3), Enchanting 21(with Evolved Consciousness)

verse86

Post by verse86 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Vallone, Truck, and Amhran will be joined by Orlam and Dale.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 am

You are reading the writings of Truck of the Deep Servos. 

I was in the training Salle operated by the Warden Warrior who has been training me in the mysteries of the Warrior, when I was approached by a nice looking windling female, whose name was Isabaela Bisbisral, she was wearing a yellow and orange training outfit and she carried two daggers with an air that she knew how to use them.  She said that there was great strife in her area but the people will not choose peace. She thinks that an outsider such as myself might be an inspiration to rally the people and help solve the problems. I agreed. She told me to meet her at a specific village somewhere, but to keep the commission quite. 

I set out at once and on the way overtook Orlam traveling with a windling whose name I have chosen not to mention in this document, who was also traveling in the same direction. Later we were somewhat surprised to find Dale, and yet another windling. At the village we all got off the ship and went to the inn, where we each bumped into the windling who recruited us. It turns out that each of us windlings were recruited by different people, much to the surprise and in some cases consternation of the others, and each told to keep quite about our mission. 

They each said that their people were private people, and asked us for a blood oath to keep their location secret. This is one of the reasons why I will be very hazy about names and directions. They told us that some tribes have had people going missing. The Leaf Singer hive (represented by the Scout, Abadur Muzhumdali) has had people go missing, and they have seen indications of traps and poison, and so they blame the Shadow Thread hive. The Stardust Hive (whose Thief Nasreya Alsaba had recruited Dale's companion) had seen indications of nethermancy and blamed the Ghost Glass Hive. Isabaela Bisbisral, the Warrior who had recruited me was from the Stone Tree hive and has not had anybody disappear, but she wants to negotiate a peace. 

We traveled deep into a wood, and started to find small villages (called hives) up in the trees. These communities were all about 2 miles from each other.  One of our guides said that they had built many small kears hidden under large trees. (Apparently that works much better for us windlings than it did for the elves). Eventually we arrived at a petrified tree, home of the Stone Tree hive. Our arrival caused quite a stir and news of our arrival had spread ahead of us. By the time we got to the Stone Tree a gathering had assembled at their "Circle of Owls" (which astral sight showed as "safe"). There was much accusing and belligerence. We became concerned that a fight might break out. We did some diplomacy, and got everybody calmed down enough to give us a few details. 

As was mentioned, some hives had had people go missing. We learned that these two hives, and the places where the people disappeared were widely spaced, and thus the disappearances might possibly not be directly related to each other. In one case the searchers found a shoe and part of a shirt caught in a silk snare, which made them think the culprits were of the hive that did silk weaving. In the other direction, some strangely distorted bones made their neighbors think of a hive famed for their nethermancy.  Our follow up questions were unfruitful, so we decided to investigate the sites in person. 

We were led to a place where we found the remnants of a huge spider snare. The old decaying fragment of silk we found was obviously not the product of many tiny silkworms, but rather an extrusion from a single huge creature. We poked around until one of us ran right into a web. There we fought 5 Knikticik's (spiders about 4 feet across, venomous, venom-spraying, web-slinging social insects). It was a brutal fight, and we only managed to slay 3 of them, with two getting away. We brought one of the carcasses back to Stone Tree, and all admitted that these creatures were unrelated to the Shadow Thread hive. 

Next we went to the area where searchers had found the strangely warped bones, and encountered three creatures that used to be windlings called Bone Shapers, and also 3 other creatures that used to be windlings called Bone Fairies. We fear that these monstrosities are all that remain of the Sky Painter hive. 

After we returned and made our report, I had a very interesting conversation with the leader of the Stone Tree hive who invited me to tarry there for a time. I ended up staying over a month and taking my training to Warrior of the 6th circle there. 

Not in journal, but this is stuff Truck knows. 
Entry into the path of the Windmaster.
Ghulan Wood Deep (many people forest) - Throalic speakers tend to pronounce it Glenwood Deep.  5 days from Sweetwater to woods, 2 days into woods settlements.
Stardust: Supravani Mielenthose, Ghost Glass: Ebhavan Kulluthir, Leaf Singer: Maitreyi Uruspathi, Shadow Thread: Inaskanda Illiroy
Last edited by ChrisDDickey on Tue May 11, 2021 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.