AAR: [8H] Greased Lightning (2020-10-04@ 17:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

LadyDragoon
Re: AAR: [8H] Greased Lightning (2020-10-04@ 17:00 GMT)

Post by LadyDragoon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Salutations and loving hellos,

Today I have come up with another idea for my spa. “SHOCK THERAPY”. You might be wondering what that is. Well if you have sore muscles this treatment will give small doses of electricity to those areas causing the muscle to relax. It will start with a slow pulse and can be intensified if needed. I got this idea from my last adventure. Let me tell you about it.

So I might have….sort of… kind of caused a storm node to reactivate. BUT it is not my fault. I didn’t know that one of my cool items would do this when I researched it. It all starts off when Kestra(he’s a purifier too. It’s so nice to meet other purifiers, but he kept calling my spa Kaliff?) visits my spa and tells me that he’s having some issues with a storm node up in the mountains that was inactive for awhile and now it is showing signs of activity. He said that he went up there after the first scouting party didn’t return and found the area was corrupt. Poor guy he barely got out alive. He looked so stressed. You should have seen the worry lines on his face. Of course, for his troubles I offered him the full package at my spa for 50% off.

So, of course I must go up there and see what is going on. Just as I am starting to pack my bags and finding a babysitter for Fizbit old man Xeado (our local orc warrior) visits and tells me that he does not feel it would be safe for me to go on my own on such a dangerous journey with out someone protecting me. He would like to suggest that a bodyguard would in my best interest (I think he is more interested in the towns interest). He wants a bodyguard for me? At first, I was not sure about that but who ends up being my bodyguard but my friend Thorkell. Since he has a bigger body than mine, then I guess he can bodyguard me.

Well if one troll is going to bodyguard me why not two. This way it makes me feel “petite”. And who is bigger than me? Big brother Norg. I was hoping he had gotten the therapy he needs but I was sorely mistaken. If I am going on an adventure then I also had to invite my bestie LaShana and since I have one windling for good luck why not have two. Bring on Reyis.

Off we go to the storm node (that I might of .. but not on purpose.. activated) . The weird thing is the closer we get to the storm node the more you feel the static in the air. Once we get to our destination, we notice that the area is statically charged. Of course the source to this is these electric cats with blue eyes. We all know my feeling about cats, and for cats they are fast little buggers. Not sure what happened in the next few moments. First, I was fighting with all my might and then I found myself on the ground with a major headache and my hair standing on end. I guess I must have been shocked unconscious. Good thing I have great bodyguards to take care of my unconscious body. Now I know, to bodyguard does not mean that the body has to be conscious to guard.

Once I awoke, twitched a few times and brush my hair, we find this huge elemental stuck in an electric field named Tormentaleon. She says that something summoned her/it here (not sure what that might have been) and then someone took her sisters. Well being the proud purifier that I am I worked on the area to help release our electrical friend. It was taking to much time to free her she suggested that we go find her sisters then come back.

Off we went. We found who was keeping her sisters captive. It was a few storm wraiths, one fire wrath and some sort of female caster. Later I found out her name “Srikrona Elooh”. Well this time I stayed awake to kick their butts. We returned to Tormentaleon, purified the area and it finally released her. Once we released her I noticed that my neckless started glowing. How strange!
Well enough about me. I hope all is well at home and I hope to see you soon,

Always and forever loving,

Azurea

sigfriedmcwild

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:03 pm

From "The Skies of Barsaive", as penned by Norg, Brother of Earth and Sky, Corsair of Throal

The Borodai mining company contacted me to ask if I would be willing to go check the storm node I had secured for them a few years ago (together with Sandrin, Rama, and Zivilyn). Apparently it was showing activity again after being mined out, but the first expedition sent to check on it had disappeared, and the second more havily guarded and including a purifier named Kestra Vaynleaf was forced to back off. Some mentions of horror taint were made.

As I was trying to figure out who would be up for a walk in the mountains under the rain, Azurea showed up with Thorkell, LaShana, and Reys in tow. Kestra had asked her to help with cleaning up the taint at the node. With the issue of companions solved, all that was left was the days of walking under the rain. At least that hadn't changed over the years, it was still just as wet and miserable as I remembered it.

We got to the node with no trouble, but it was guarded by some kind of cats made of lightning and Reys said some kind of spirit was where the node used to be. The spark cats sent a bunch of lightning to zap us, which proved to be more distracting than painful and then pounced on Azurea taking her down hard and fast almost before we could react.

They proved to be exasperating to hit and they managed to bring Thorkell down before we finished them off. I tended to Azurea's wounds before she came back to consciousness and found her Death Cheat charm used up. Meanwhile Reys started making contact with the spirit, some kind of huttawa spirit trapped in a circle of corrupted ground.

Eventually it manifested and Reys managed to get a dialogue going, we found out that the spirit had been summoned here, by one of Azurea's thread items, and had been trapped by some namegiver who had then forced it to summon its "sisters" and had taken them away.

After a night's rest we left to find these "sisters", following Tormentaleon's, the elemental, directions. Not even a day later we reached a chasm that seemed to emit light. As it turns out the chasm was full of storm wraiths and a fire wraith. And also another crazy scourge cultist. Those where like weeds, popping up everywhere.

We took the only reasonable course of action of charging through the wraiths to kill the cultist. Reys got the honor of feeding her to the sharks, while I got repeatedly tickled by the lightning. Somewhere along the line I also got hit by a fireball thrown by the cultist, I guess I now what the people hit by Moe's phantom ones feel now, it should help me make my fake reaction more believable.

After the fight we found the cultist's camp, her notes and correspondence and got back to the node to free the elemental, where Azurea did her Purifier mojo.

Lashana

Post by Lashana » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:53 am

So I was just contemplating my life’s adventures and the path I want to take moving forward while listening to the steady murmur of Whispers - when I got a message from my bestie. Azurea was requesting my company on an adventure. Another request for my company, a girl could get used to this. So of course I threw a bag together and whipped out to her side as soon as I could. I told her I didn’t even need to know where we were going, I’d always be her wing girl.
Ended up being a reunion, Thorkell and Norg ended up coming to protect Azurea. Thorkell even came in a “professional” capacity, like officially guarding the body of Azurea. He was sent by someone official or other to him. Norg came at Azurea’s request to make everything feel a little more even. And then she invited another little like me, Reyis, so we could protect her from land AND sky.
So once we were all together and kind of caught up on the task ahead of us we headed out to a storm node, whatever that is. And as we got closer to this node thing the air got all charged and it made my wings feel all tingly. As we arrived at the node thing we discovered the reason for all that charge in the air...it was these big cats crackling with electricity and with big blue eyes. And they took down my bestie! And that could not stand and then Thorkell went down too. So these kitties needed to take a nap. A permanent one. And so we did...lay them down for the long dark sleep. And then brought my bestie back up. And then Thorkell. Who maybe needs to practice his “bodyguarding” a bit more. Though I guess passing out ON TOP of Azurea does still keep her safe...after a fashion.
They both needed some time to get better and then Azurea got busy trying to figure out what had happened. What she discovered was that an elemental had become trapped here IN the tainted land. And when she found it it was not overly friendly but not outright hostile to us. It was distraught that its siblings had been turned by some evil cultists and asked us to take care of those dastardly meanies.
We did manage to find the siblings but sadly we were way late to stop them from being corrupted so my bestie made the difficult choice to give them final peace and we happily ended the evil plans of the cultists and their female caster. When we returned to the elemental Azurea spent time purifying the area so the elemental was released. We found out her name was Tormentaleon. And Azurea’s neckless started glowing….it was really cool.