Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
angelicmadrigal

Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:11 pm

So basically I wanted to post about the FS game I am in currently and get people's thoughts on the insanity. :)

To start off I'll give a basic run down of the party:
PC Characters in the Party
Sir Robert Oxanym Hawkwood- Ambitious Hawkwood noble, minor theurgist, Questing Knight

Sir Joseph "Hawkwood"- Black sheep Decados noble passing himself off as a Hawkwood, tech junkie, Questing Knight

Galen Starlost- Freeman bard and voice of reason, Cohort

Drake Starwind- Charioteer, Psychic, and pilot of the "Azahara", Cohort

Babette Starwind- Drake's wife; a Bodygaurd and cook, heavy Cajun accent, Cohort

Svanna Aufsdotter- Vuldrok Berserker, combat junkie with more than a few tricks up her sleeve, recent addition to the party (that's my character ;) )

NPC Characters in the Party
Drusilla Decados- Sir Robert's fiancé; niece of Salandra Decados, Javkovian agent

Penny- Drake's ward; an eight year old escaped slave, precocious little girl

Charlie- Sir Joseph's wise cracking think machine advisor, tech level 8
Last edited by angelicmadrigal on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Shoot! :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Now, there's a motley crew! You can't go wrong with that bunch... or rather... you can't go right! :P

So, what is the story about?
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:44 pm

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Sounds crazy indeed, with a lot of mighty stuff going on :)
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 pm

As I promised I'd get into a few more of the details of the game. Unfortunately, I can really only talk about what's happened since I was brought on board, I have some vague ideas of the previous plots, but no clear chronology. A small note before I get started, some of the NPC names are going to make you shake your head and maybe even roll your eyes, at times they get SILLY.

The first session I joined the group found themselves aboard a Hawkwood spaceship head to Cumulus station to resupply. The ship was run by Admiral Crumbcakes :roll: . The ship's mission was to deliver my character, who had been captured by the muster, to some noble on Hargard as a bride, because they were under the mistaken assumption that she was some sort of Princess. :lol: The ship got attacked by Vuldrok raiders, not affiliated with my Vuldrok, and chaos ensued. The group freed my character and we whooped the crud out of the raiders. Svanna helped them look around the ship to find information to implicate Crumbcakes in some sort of crime. Well, the group stumbled across a "companion android" that belonged the admiral.

In the meantime the ship had also been boarded by Salandra Decados, and several Avestite inquisitors. At the end of it all the group wound up extorting a large sum of firebirds from the Admiral, getting a door kicked in by a chief Inquisitor about the ABOMINATION! on the ship, and wildly amusing Duchess Salandra with the subsequent debacle. of course, my character accompanied them to their next stop Cumulus station.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:05 am

It is very interesting to see this level of... happy-go-lycky-silliness enjoyed in FS. The average FS game would be more horror-inspired I believe. It's great to see the setting work with different approaches/genres :)
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Return to “For Players”