ED4 Companion Hardcover: How To Do It

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ED4 Companion Hardcover: How To Do It

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm

We don't have time to set this up on SurveyMonkey. Send an e-mail to contact@fasagames.com and tell me (Andrew) how you want to do a hardcover ED4 Companion pledge. KS only allows you to claim one reward. Do we have people drop everything else to grab one of the 50 copies of the hardcover ED4 Companion? Do we do a Hardcover bundle with the Players, GM's, and Companion, with only 50 bundles available? Have you got a better idea? Tell us what you want.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

kosmit

Re: ED4 Companion Hardcover: How To Do It

Postby kosmit » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Duvvelsheyss

Flowswithdrek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Flowswithdrek » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:27 pm

I certainly wouldn't want to have to move from the early bird tier to get the hard copy. I want it in hard copy. Could it be done through paypal if its unlocked?

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Danger

Postby Danger » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:13 am

Agree with the others. Not bailing on my early bird hardcovers. I know it's being considered as an add-on to the early birds and as a new reward level. This is the best plan, imo.

Notaure

Postby Notaure » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:11 am

Notaure, a french fan of Earthdawn

shiinx

Postby shiinx » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:29 am

(copied over from the Kickstarter Update #16 comments)
If I understand correctly, your main concern is to print just the right amount of harcover Companions. As it will be a Kickstarter exclusive, you don't want to have any leftovers, as you wouldn't be able to sell them afterwards -- otherwise it wouldn't be an exclusive. And as Kickstarter is not set up as an online shop, you have a hard time figuring out, just how many people will buy the hardcover verson.

How about this solution: Anybody who pledged in the Kickstarter and added $30 for the Companion may write an email to you, stating that they want the hardcover version. You have them pay the additonal $20 via Paypal until a set deadline. And once that's over, all who paid the surplus will receive the hardcover version at the end of the year.
I understand that this would entail a lot of additinal management, but I believe this would be the best option. Also, this solution assumes (and I think rightly so) that hitting the threshold of 50 copies won't be an issue.

@Notaure:
Judging from the "Add-Ons" section on their main Kickstarter page, you'd simply have to increase your pledge by $20 for Travar. The softcover Companion will be an additional $30 according to FASA's comments, and it is still open how the hardcover Companion will be handled.

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 am

I think to play it safe you might want just a few extra copies, just in case there are any damages that need replacing. If there were a one or two copies left over when all is said and done you either try and sell them solely to those who participated in the Kickstarter but who perhaps missed the announcement or didn't have the funds at the time. Or put them down as competition prizes later on down the road. Just my thoughts.

Danger

Postby Danger » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:55 am

What Flowswithdrek said. Also, reposting from the Kickstarter:

FASA - Honestly, as a KS backer, I wouldn't be terribly offended if you offered any remaining hardbacks to fans at conventions. From what I've seen, it's fairly common for "Kickstarter Only" rewards to be found at cons. This would also relieve any stress on your part of having leftovers. As a backer, I'd get my hardcovers first, and that's all the exclusivity I need.

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:34 am

Return to “Product Discussion”