Questions about Travar, Elven Nations, Questors, & Metaplot

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Trejes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Questions about Travar, Elven Nations, Questors, & Metap

Postby Trejes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks a lot for all of the insight. Appreciate that. Some of your answers really solved a couple of the conserns in my mind.
Looking foreward to the book. :)

Etorian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Etorian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Agreed I was fairly indifferent to this book, but now I am actually interested! Thanks

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Also agree. Good post man.

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:18 pm

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 pm

(FASA hat off, player hat on)
The Cathay books were a disappointment to me personally. They weren't Earthdawn enough and they weren't Chinese enough. Where's the one-off engineering marvels? Where's the horribly complicated celestial bureaucracy? Where's the adepts flying through the sky with flaming rollerskates strapped to their feet? Where's the Horrors? If the Horrors aren't so much of a problem, why is that? How do the Cathayan dragons regard the dragons of Barsaive? What about Dvilgaynon? So on and so forth.

I'd love to take a go at rewriting the Cathay books. I've done a massive amount of redevelopment on Cathay for my own campaign that brings in the elements I felt were missing, and makes Cathay, to me at least, more Earthdawn and more Chinese.

(Player hat off, FASA hat back on)
Travar will have its problems with Horrors. It's a Barsaivian city. They're not avoidable. But imagine what a subtle Horror could do in a city dedicated to Chorrolis...
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Sangeet

Postby Sangeet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 am

I really liked that Kratas was an adventure site in itself, i completly based a campaign around it. I would really like to see links between Kratas and Travar.

The elven nations, are the other elven nations, which are not the "Wyrm(Blood)wood" dwellers, right?

Placed on the world map, which areas will they cover? Barsaive is Ukraine, Thera is "Greece", where will the elven nations be placed? :geek:

shiinx

Postby shiinx » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 am

Shosara is somewhere in Scandinavia, Sweden I think. The other elven empire, whose name eludes me at the moment (Sarethea?), I don't know. Maybe England.

EDIT: Actually the Vivanne province is Greece. Thera is just an island.

Trejes

Postby Trejes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”