More Setting Please.

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Danger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: More Setting Please.

Postby Danger » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:35 pm

Unfortunate that neither of those books will see the light of day.

evil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby evil » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:23 pm

It's kind of worry some that game companies today seem to be just rehashing old stuff and labeling it as new and charging top dollar for it.

Rogan Rubyeye

Postby Rogan Rubyeye » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I'll admit to being one that was sorely disappointed by LRG not publishing either Dangerous Goods of the Way of Will books. Mainly becasue I'd like to have a completed collection of books and rules for all the Disciplines that the previous two releases had whet my appetite for. (Plus there's only so long you can keep the magician players in your group fobbed off on, "The book'll be along soon, and then you can catch up to all the goodies your warrior and scout buddies have been acquiring..."

Nevermind. I also understand the desire to collate all the scattered rules and things that a GM likes to have in one place. You know, things like spells, skills, talents, creatures, traps, Horrors, treasures, etc. In fact my OCD has gone off and started to do this whilst also having the great idea of doing this through all my acquired editions (1st, 2nd, Classic & 3rd) and then it harranges me to rectify mistakes, rewrite the rules so they work according to an overall structured framework and tidy up the odd bit of fluff. That's before it makes me add my own deranged ideas into the pot (y'know real writing rather than proofreading editoral stuff) ;)

Darn, must be Marked... :geek:

However, I must say that I really enjoyed the in-character writing style of 1st Ed's Creatures of Barsaive and The Horrors sourcebooks. Actually interesting stuff that even if I never used some of the critters, I could often find something in the text to enhance the world setting for my players. Plus, there was always the option of using it directly for player's in-character research at the GLoT. I'll admit that this isn't the best way to get the details a GM needs into the wordcount for published hardcopy, but with ebooks itemised descriptions with nice pieces of artwork and such prove to be sellers. Just look at the various PDFs for Shadowrun from Catalyst Games Labs.
"I spy, with my Targeting Eye..."

Return to “For Game Masters”