horror stalker discipline question

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: horror stalker discipline question

Postby galafrone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:46 pm

thanks for the suggestion you made ManDrake, they were really appreciated and actually going to the same point i was trying to go.
also the text for the bear mark was read by me in the same way.
i will check all the suggestions you pointed out, many were unknown to me
and yes, the rules are the rules (and i love consistency) but yes, they are also very flexible :)
so double thanks mate :)

thezombiekat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby thezombiekat » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:28 pm

On the subject of the horrors ability to interfere.

Horror mark alone dose very little. It interferes with creativity (you can’t pass artisan skill tests) and provides a conduit threw which many horror powers can be used if the horror is within 100 miles.

Alone it does not give the horror knowledge of what the marked character is doing, thinking or learning, although many horrors have powers they can use threw the horror mark to gain this information.

As the GM you need to consider where the horror is (is it within range) what powers it has (can it listen in and influence the character in a way it considers useful) and weather it is actually activating those powers (dose its situation give it a higher priority)

ManDrake

Postby ManDrake » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:03 am

I'm not sure how many of these survived into 3rd Edition. The Living emeralds come from the SkyTree River in the Servos Jungle, it was part of the Book of Exploration in 1st Edition. The ButterSpider Box came from Parlainth Box Set books in 1st Edition. I always say it backwards, not sure why. It's one of my most favorite magical items in the entire game. If you are feeling evil, you could also throw Nemesis or Buualgathor Horrors into the players path. Both would give them what they needed to free their friend, but likely at a most terrible price. In one of my games there was a Nethermancer obsessed with reproducing Buualgathor's Mark Trace power. Hoping to make it so that it did not harm the victim...needless to say that never ended up working as well as he'd hoped.

arma

Postby arma » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 am

Direction Sense; possibly combined with Bear Mark.
Or, you know, just as everyone else would.
Best kaer anywhere.

Drucifer

Postby Drucifer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Tableau Infractus
Tableau Infractus

Fans are the life blood of any game system... Go get some new blood.

ManDrake

Postby ManDrake » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:51 am

arma

Postby arma » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 am

Best kaer anywhere.

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”