Some help with adepts

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
evil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some help with adepts

Postby evil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 pm

i've been running ED for over a year now. the PCs are 6-8 circle or their about. What would you suggest for an opposition NPC party. sword master(8), warrior(6-7), nethermancer(8) and a weapon smith(6) are what the PCs are.

Fighting a bandit gang of sorts of "retired" adventures with a bunch of skilled hirelings. What disciplines and circles would you suggest to use? any thread items? pattern items?

thanks

Panda

Re: Some help with adepts

Postby Panda » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 pm

What races are each of the characters? Do they have any preferred tactics? Is it fair to assume that no one has multiple disciplines? Are you playing with 3rd edition?

Those are going to help inform some of the details of the characters. What is your goal with the opposition? How obnoxious do you want it to be? Because dealing with a group of windling bandits is pretty terrible - Archer, Cavalryman, Elementalist and Windmaster.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

wasmeister

Postby wasmeister » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:44 pm

If you have the Gamemaster's Companion then check out pages 80-81 which detail how to setup appropriate opposition for your PC's.

N-Pendzialek

Postby N-Pendzialek » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 pm

I would go with Beastmaster (6-7) or Sky Raider (8) to counter the swordmaster, depending if he has Claw Riposte or not. Elementarist (8) as caster and support class to equal the nethermancer. Archer (6) to keep the weaponsmith or the warrior busy. As last class i would choose a 6th circle warrior or purifier simply to keep the last melee class of your group busy.

We play 1st edition since 18 years, so please excuse if the rule and talent changes from newer editions counter my thoughts.
Good Luck and have Fun!
Last edited by N-Pendzialek on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evil

Postby evil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks for the responses so far.

I think I got what i needed.

EDChronicler

Postby EDChronicler » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:20 am

Is there a chance they've got an enemy or two already. Could said enemy be working for someone that has an agenda that is counter to the players. This way their old enemy isn't the "powerful" one, but gives you a reason to bring him back with a little more power.

Return to “For Game Masters”