ED3 Lightbearers????

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
chall
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ED3 Lightbearers????

Postby chall » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 am

Coming from 1st. Is there lightbearers in 3rd ed? If so can someone point me to the right book?

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ED3 Lightbearers????

Postby Anunnaki » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 am

Hiya,

Sorry. Lightbearers are currently only in ED1/ED2, not in later editions.

Take kaer, James

chall

Postby chall » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:59 am

Thanks.

treorai

Postby treorai » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:28 pm

I did a write up of the Lightbearers for ED3 for one of my players in a game I ran set in Vasgothia. I reinterpreted the Lightbearers as a new Discipline, rather than a single Talent like the Questors get, because I didn't particularly care for the way they were handled in prior editions. If you are interested, I can send you a copy if you send me a PM on here with your email address.
My Fading Suns Epic:

chall

Postby chall » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks. I think I've already found it on the web though.

treorai

Postby treorai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:15 am

Must be another conversion, because I didn't post my version anywhere online. Glad to hear others had the same idea, though.
My Fading Suns Epic:

zayven

Postby zayven » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Wait, there are no Lightbearers in 3e?

I've never really incorporated them in any game I've run so I didn't notice the omission. I always assumed that the rules were tucked away in some book that I didn't have.

Have they been eliminated from the setting completely or are there just no rules for them?

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:36 pm

There are no rules for them. Yet.

chall

Postby chall » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Glad to see there is hope for a possible official appearance. I had seen somewhere on the web an idea of making lightbearer a talent that opens up knacks something like the storm children. I am thinking of going that route for my version as I like the idea. Just have to decide on what the source of the talent is going to be in my game so I can tailor the knacks (and possible side effects, if any) to the source.

zayven

Postby zayven » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 pm

I was never fond of the concpet of Lightbearers, to be honest. It seemed to take away from the importance of adepts to have some special group running around with additional powers above and beyond what adepts could do.

Of course, it could be that they just remind me too much of Jedi Knights.

As far as Horror/Scourge fighting organizations go, I was always more partial to the Grim Legion. They seemed much more in keeping with the flavor of the setting than a secret order of dudes in white robes with special light magic. I was always a bit bummed that the otherwise excellent Secret Societies of Barsaive sourcebook didn't cover the Grim Legion. The idea of gangs of black leather clad, half-crazed Horror hunters bullying their way across Barsaive seemed terribly cool when I was seventeen.

Return to “For Players”