EDR Planned Products?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EDR Planned Products?

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Hiya,

Since Mists of Betrayal was not released for ED3, and since there's no need for ED3 GMs to look at the Revised Edition GM's Guide, no point in holding this book back (since it works with both ED3 and EDR).

Take kaer, James

samsterc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby samsterc » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

LMAO, releasing in wrong order! but seriously at least give us an indicative date/month to expect the GM book

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Not really in the wrong order. It was an easy release and no sense in holding it back. The EDR GM's Guide has slipped to Q2. There is a possibility that it might make end of Q1 (in PDF), but that is subject to the vagaries of what we lovingly call "real life" (which gets in the way more than one likes, alas). :)

samsterc

Postby samsterc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 am

Cool, thanks for date update (darn, not quite making a pun out of that). Looking forward to it, ive swung my group out of its endless love affair with D20 and they are already gagging for more ED sessions after the first couple i did using 2nd Ed. Want the GM book so i can feel im running correctly rather than with a mishmash of what ive read online and the 3rd ed players ive got.

Sangeet

Postby Sangeet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 am

What we would like to see is new material, did you thought about funding new sourcebooks with Kickstarter ? This has recently been a successfull way for a lot of RPG publishers. You could hire somone with a given target, and send new impulses ? I would like to have a Landis sourcebook anyway.

Rajaat99

Postby Rajaat99 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:19 pm

I get where you are coming from. However, the ED3 books are all but out of print (we have some print titles left on the FASA Online Shop and some retailers have copies). EDR is the print successor to ED3, continuing what was in the RedBrick pipeline before Earthdawn went back to FASA. In terms of waiting for the EDR GM's Guide, I'm sorry about that (it's being worked on), but if there are a lot of Earthdawn gamers with ED3 who can pickup Mists of Betrayal, for example, and run with it. Might sound like the EDR gamers are getting the short end of the stick -- it's not intentional, and I'm sorry if it comes over that way.

Flash

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 pm

So is there is list of planned books for '13 somewhere?
- From Slaves To Legends

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 pm

There isn't a schedule for Earthdawn releases at this time, sorry.

luckymutt

Postby luckymutt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

:) it's quarter 2 now. Is there anything firmer on the EDR GM guide? I don't have ED3 and eagerly await the new book. I have just started my family on ED and am dying to run Mists of Betrayal. Was one of my favorites fifteen years ago...

Return to “Product Discussion”