Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
angelicmadrigal

OUCH! That stings....

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 pm

I thought it'd be fun to post one of the comments from the RP scene I ran via email between Sir Robert and Svana. A little background on the scene. At this point Svana had already hit Sir Robert once for his disrespectful behavior at the Decados encampment. At the moment Svana is stuck sharing a tent with Sir Robert as they travel across the Great Northern Ice, towards a long forgotten Monastery.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SVANA
"I realize you’re going to marry her Robert, and it's something you seem to like to throw in my face every chance you get. You just don't get it do you?" She threw her hands in the air rather dramatically. "Nevermind, just nevermind!"

She wasn't even looking at him now. His sense of entitlement made her want to punch him in the face again. "What exactly do you think makes you worthy of anyone's devotion Robert? In particular mine?" She shook her head again, "Do you have any idea what true loyalty is? Do you have any idea why my Father and our warchief can command men to acts of bravery that I doubt the likes of your people have ever seen, and why my homecoming was such a huge deal? Every man, woman, and child in that village knows we would lay down our lives for any of them." She finally looked up at him, "Can Drucilla, or anyone else on the Azahara say that about you Robert? I can't, and I know even if I told you everything I've wanted to say to you, I still couldn't say that about you, ever, because that's not the type of man you are."

SIR ROBERT
I may have thought of dealing with her as a fellow noble, thought Sir Robert, but instead of being reasonable like a Hawkwood she is going to play the Hazat with me. Oh joy...but then there is a certain honesty in the "my desires first" honor of theirs. Maybe she feels the same way and wants it in return?

"Well then Svana, which do you object to more, Drucilla's obedience to me or her status as my betrothed? Drucilla is not one for poetic protestations of passion, and neither am I. She is my partner in more than a passing love, and her desire to accomplish it matches my own. It was her aunt who brought us together, but it is our shared desire that keeps us together, and lets her express her devotion through such action she can perform. If you want to take her place in my life, you should be able to do something better than pout and rage like a heartsick maiden."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All I can say to that is OUCH! Oh, and that he's probably going to feel like such a jerk later. :lol: For anyone that's curious this scene ended up working out to about 9 pages long when I cleaned it up and compiled it together. YIKES!

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Postby Angelman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Smoooth :p
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 am

KABOOOM!!!!!!!! WE haven't had the game yet this week, but in honor of Valentine's day the baby bomb as we call is, has been dropped on Sir Robert. ::chuckles:: Boy, oh boy is this scene amusing me to no end. I think these two are putting the "fun" in dysfunctional as they say.

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

:D
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 pm

So for this week's game we were down two players. Thankfully we didn't have a lot we needed to get done. The group finished exploring the ship, finding out that the most recent owner was a Decados playboy who's family cut him off for spending a ludicrous amount of money on the ship, and...other things. Drake and Sir Joseph were able to cobble together enough fuel to at least get the ship to a fuel station. Also, the evil altar was "spaced", and thankfully no one got possessed by the demonic worm spirits, thank gods a few of us had faith ratings that didn't completely SUCK.

After the group gets the ship fueled, there's a discussion of costs of fixing the "Ostentatious Display" (and to what level the group would like it restored) which is later going to be renamed the "Coranado". As a player I am sitting there thinking that this place is going to be a HUGE money pit. The group hasn't made a decision on that, because we don't have all the figures on it, but we should know that by next session.

The group also plans their next move. It looks like the next session the group will be spending the time working on a plan to sell about 300 ounces of truffles at auction, that they picked up in Vuldrok space. They stand to make a substantial profit if all goes well. Also, Drake is able to find someone on Severus who is willing to remove Penny's slave markings, which basically involves flaying off the kid's back, and regrafting new skin. He also has Penny microchipped, since she has a habit of getting kidnapped. Drake has a chip implanted in himself as well, as does Sir Robert. Sir Robert tells Svana that he'd like her to get one as well, but she isn't so sure.

About a month's time passes while the group is on Severus, so the GM called for a wits+knavery roll from Svana vs Sir Joseph and Drake's Perception+Observe to basically see through Svana's attempts to hide the fact she's pregnant. They both handily defeat her on the roll, and her secret is out to the group at large. :oops: There's some concern at least from Drucilla about Svana's safety, in regards to Drucilla's aunt. There's also some talk about where exactly the child is going to fall in Robert's family hierarchy, which basically ends in Svana getting kind of irritated and declaring that it doesn't make her ANY difference. Methinks there is some insecurity and jealousy coming from Drucilla, which will definitely be making things on the ship a bit more tense.

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

And now for some noble jerkishness....

Postby angelicmadrigal » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Okay, so I thought I would post one of the better of Sir Robert's lines from "that" conversation.

"O Lord have mercy woman, cease your blubbering and cringing. You manage to trump Duchess Salandra in giving me the surprise of a lifetime, and then you're crushed because I am surprised! Give me a minute or two before deciding tho play the tragic heroine and throw yourself out an airlock, will you? Now granted, this is a better order of surprise by a gate-jump, but still, it's still the first child, and there wasn't even so much as a betrothal to get me ready for the blessed news."

This one made me chuckle, because it really makes him sound like an insensitive jerk......which at times is not an inaccurate statement. :lol: I have to say though, that whole RP was very fun. In my character's defense she was hysterical because 1) Sir Robert was yelling at her, and 2) she was all emotional about having kept what she felt was a horrible secret from him, and finally having to fess up to it.
Last edited by angelicmadrigal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

angelicmadrigal

Other side RPs I have going....

Postby angelicmadrigal » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

I also have a lot of side RPs going in the game at the moment. The one's I have right now are:

- Svana and Sir Joseph talking about all kinds of stuff....mostly Charlie, and Sir Joseph's past. Also dealing with Svana being kind of homesick.

-Svana and Drcuilla trying to sort out exactly what their relationship is going to be, and Svana trying to get Drucilla to admit she has feelings for Sir Robert.

- Sir Robert trying to convince Svana to get a microchip implanted for "safety" reasons.

angelicmadrigal

Re: Other side RPs I have going....

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Return to “For Players”