Revised GM's Guide

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
treorai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Revised GM's Guide

Postby treorai » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

So, do we have any sort of ETA on it? I seem to recall hearing December, but I think that might have been a fever dream of a madman.
My Fading Suns Epic:

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Revised GM's Guide

Postby Anunnaki » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Q1/2013 at time of writing, treorai. There will be a News Announcement when we're closer, however.

treorai

Postby treorai » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 am

Thank you for the information!
My Fading Suns Epic:

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 am

I know it's still early in Q1 2013 but is there any chance of a teaser regarding the GM's Guide?

It's becoming increasingly difficult to hold my breath in anticipation :-)
(Perhaps I should get some unholy lung implants or learn Soma?)

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I really loved the player's guide, so one big question remains, what will there be in the game master's guide? Not in the details mind you, but what is the general idea?

Can we hope to see a compilation of the Fading suns background ? The original sourcebooks aren't available anymore and are the only source to most of the back so I'm especially eager to see all this marvelous stuff reprinted in one form or another. Compiling/editing most of what was published in one big book (a bit like what happened for Earthdawn) seems a great idea. Is this where we're headed or are we looking at something entirely different?

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Hiya,

In one sentence, it's the content from the previously-published Worlds of the Realms, plus the GM-centric content from the original FS2 rulebook, updated to Revised Edition specifications. It's very much background-focused.

In terms of a production update, at time of writing the print book may end up being a Gen Con 2013 release, but we will see how things stand at the end of Q1/2013. Contrary to previous posts, it's not going to be a Q1/2013 release, sorry (I hate being the harbinger of delays when people are waiting, but we will announce a firm release date when we have one).

Kind regards, James

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Wow Omasu what a quick reply! It's great to see such reactivity from game developpers! Thanks a lot for your clarity.

It's great to reprint world of the realms, that's a nice idea and the GM guide would be worth every penny only with this, but what about Lords of the Known Worlds, Children of the Gods, The Dark that Lies Between the Stars or Priests of the Celestial Suns for instance ? These sourcebooks had a lot of information that was crucial to the setting, will they see a reprint? Maybe in the form of a big compilation book?

The game is absolutely great, but it's hard to commit to a game whose core sourcebooks do not exist anymore.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Hiya,

Updated versions of the sourcebooks you mentioned are in the pipeline after the GM Guide. So definitely part of the planning.

Kind regards, James

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:41 pm

That's a dream come true! The rebirth of Fading Suns!

I will now be patient and wait, ho so painfully, for the books.

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:06 am

Yay! :cheerleader:

Thanks for the updates.

There's no shame in being the harbinger since in reality it's good news.
The book is progressing and I for one am looking forward to it.

I also think the revised players guide is a great improvement from the days of yore so I'm enthused! :-)

Return to “Product Discussion”