Musing evilly about slavers

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LADRILLON
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Musing evilly about slavers

Postby LADRILLON » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 am

Hi:

I wonder if this has ever come up in any of your games...

A slaver, working for the Therans, whomever. How do s/he go about capturing Windlings? Any other special provisions (you cannot let them out of their lil cages, I believe)?

What about keeping them in bondage: How (if they can just take off)?
First thing that comes [evilly] to mind is plucking their wings... :wtf: Hmm... Do Windling's wings grow back? :think:

Thanks!
L
Last edited by LADRILLON on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flowswithdrek

Re: Musing slavers

Postby Flowswithdrek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Depends on the slaver, but thier would be many feasable ways. With Therans i would go with the brute force option of sacking the village during a heavy rain storm (they cant fly with soaked wings). Thief/Scout. sneaking into a windling camp at night stealing them and stuffing them into sacks. Magicians: using spells. Beastmaster: using specially trained large birds. Traps, poisoned darts etc etc.

In a game i played in we were lured into a tower looking for adventuring work and woke up in a large cage.

Rajaat99

Re: Musing evilly about slavers

Postby Rajaat99 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Knock them out and then they wake up in a cage. Of course, you could always threaten someone they care about. As for keeping them, I remember seeing an old picture with Windling slaves having collars around their necks with chains attached to them.

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 am

Fine nets and/or aerosol drugs.

Chains attached to their ankles are my favorite way to keep a windling in place. Affix chain to... something heavy. They may not be able to do physical labor, but if that is why you have enslaved a windling, you might be doing it wrong.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am

In my games the Therans used the clipped wings options (used on birds in the contemporary world) on particularly troublesome WIndlings.

There's plenty of Theran Windlings to police the siuation too!

LADRILLON

Postby LADRILLON » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

Return to “For Game Masters”