Charging in Melee - Revised Edition

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MBdS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Charging in Melee - Revised Edition

Postby MBdS » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 pm

does it really Charging in melee, allows a character to add 1 Damage Dice for each meter covered? it means at double spees, they become 10 damage dice with a +2 bonus to the goal roll... beware of the armed fighter with a two handed sword charging toward you, you're dead meat if you lose iniziative and your powered battle armored will be reduced to splinters.

let's say aggressive stance and charge +6 to goal roll, 1 damage dice from strength 8 + 8 damage dice from two handed sword + 10 from charging and let's say you got a 10 on that goal roll and you got 5 more dice? don't even think about going over 20 at goal roll with the +6 (reasonable if you're 8 dexterity and 8 melee, a starting character can easily start with it). so we're at 23 dice of damage (or 5 damage + 18 dice if you don't use the optional rule)... brrrrr

Bogie

Re: Charging in Melee - Revised Edition

Postby Bogie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 pm

(Oh you did open that thread).

Yikes. I probably should have put a limit on that for a bonus to a max of + something. I'll try a couple things out on my groups this week and come back with some more musings. :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

MBdS

Re: Charging in Melee - Revised Edition

Postby MBdS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

going back to +1 dice every 3 meters like second edition? i'm applying this house/old rule with my group, now.

Return to “Product Discussion”