Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jé talks about the current FS campaign she's in...Woot!

Postby Angelman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm

There is nothing wrong with silly games - those are too :)
In the long run I prefer more serious, "socio-realistic" (not the right term) stories, but fun is fun, heh heh
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Second Session

This one took place entirely separately from the meat and potatoes of the campaign. It was something we did just for fun. The characters set off to explore an abandoned bunker where they were told some Second republic era tech might be found. What awaited the characters was a dungeon with more booby traps and baddies than an Indiana Jones movi. There were also little caches of goods spread throughout. While dodging traps and some other perils the group encounters one of it's archenemies; Cossack Achilles :x ...I HATE this guy....I really really hate this guy. Basically, it boils down to my character and Babette whomping on him while the rest of the party runs away like little school girls.

At any rate we finally reach the cache in the bunker and it's full of JUNK. A door at end of the room opens and at the end there's a think machine spitting out a paper for each character with their name on it. Basically, it's a certificate of achievement for successfully navigating the traps, etc....with a point value attached to it. So the characters are all standing their wondering what the heck is going on. At the end of it Sir Joseph finally figures out what was going on. The long and the short of it was that this adventure was part of some sort of second republic amusement facility, and someone was playing a HUGE joke on the group. Everyone was mad, except for Svanna, since she got the highest score. :lol:

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:42 pm

:wtf:
:problem:
:think:
:)
:D
:lol:

:cheerleader:
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Two ships from the game:
The Azahara

The Dixie

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Session 3

I am a session behind on my writing so, I need to talk about one past session before I discuss the session that just happened. Session 3 sees the arrival of the party on Frost.The group decides to park the Azahara in Sjarmborg and borrow some reindeer, a cart, and some horses to make the 25 mile trip to Svanna's hometown of Bjork (we couldn't think of a better name so we ran with that). Before leaving, Babette went to a local tavern to sample some of the local brews and ran into an Eskatonic priest, who happened to be none other than Guiseppe Alustro, everyone's favorite writer priest (I found out later Sir Robert had run into Erian Li Halan at some point in the past). Nothing happened with plot on that front, but it was a fun little thing to throw in.

So the party makes their way to Bjork a tech 3 town), and Svanna meets up with her dad, Auf. After some catching up he decides to throw a party in the group's honor. Feasting, drinking, and of course fighting ensues with Svanna and Babette knocking the crud out of lots of Vuldrok. Sir Robert and Drake participated as well, but they made only a passable showing. Sir Joseph was smart and stayed out of the fray. Galen, entertained the Vuldrok with songs and interesting tales, and garnered some glory in the town. After the fighting spectacle the characters retired for the evening...some alone and some in pairs :oops: .

In the morning after Svanna and Sir Robert parted ways, everyone was greeted with the sounds of an air raid.It was CHAOS! Drusilla, got the heck out of town, while Galen rounded up people to get them to shelter, along with Sir Joseph.Babette searched for Sir Robert and Penny, while Svanna went looking for her dad. Svanna found her dad and informs him of what is going on and insists he go to shelter and volunteered to sprint to Sjarmborg to get help. With 9 endurance 8 vigor and a strength augmented to 13, this was not a terribly difficult feat. While she is gone the town is fired on by some ships, and 3 large cystaline structures are dropped in the center of town. Fade to black. :?

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Session 4

After the bombing has stopped the group waits a while, but then ventures out to survey the damage. The town isn't totally destroyed, but buildings are on fire and all that. So they go out to examine the crystals, after reaching Drusilla on on their communication devices the group discovers that an even larger crystal has been dropped outside of town. Svanna gets back just in time to see one the crystals pop open and tons of little crystals pop out to form 3, 12 foot golems. The golems rampage the town spouting out stuff in Latin, which Sir Robert and Sir Joseph realize are advertisements. :eh: At one point Svanna suggested offering to buy something fromt hem, which only made things worse. Svanna, Babette, Drake, and many Vuldrok try to fight the golems, but it was very difficult. It was also kind of obvious Sir Robert was losing his cool. Galen tried to use harmonic ressonance to shatter them, but when that didn't work he began evacuating people from the town. That's when Drake convinces Sir Joseph that they can jury rig Charlie into the town's power supply and create an EMP pulse. The EMP pulse shatters the golems and all is saved.

The party decides to leave town when they hear that Brubaker is coming (evidently they have a past with him). Svanna goes along as a guide while the group explores some nearby sites marked on one of Drake's maps. The first site is the site discussed in session 2, called Adventureland. Sir Joseph then decides he wants to investigate the area where Bjork's power supply comes from. The group finds a tunnel in one of the mountains and goes down. They find the power reactor, but also amorphous shadow blob creatures. Some members of the group mention that they are feeling really hungry all of a sudden. After a few moments of looking around a door opens and a really gaunt, pale woman dressed in robes with a pentagram on her chest greats the group. She introduces herself as Rasputina. Svanna converses with her a while and the group starts to get REALLY uneasy about her. Rasputina attempts to convince the group to stay for tea, but they pretty much reject her offer outright which Svanna sees as super rude.

And that's where the session ended.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Sounds like some ride you people's been on! With a lot of strangeness and tons of fun :)
And the minis are very impressive. Kudos to the painter!
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm

That's sad to hear, but it's very nice that you get to use his wonderful minis in your game - it's a good way of remembering and honoring him I think...
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Since there won't be another game until next week I decided to take some time to talk a little bit about my character. If I can convince my GM to part with it, I may scan the character sheet.

As I may have already mentioned this character was a NPC that I took over playing when I joined the campaign. I changed some of her original stats when I took her over. I was given a lot of bonus freebie points in order to catch her up to the rest of the group when it came to mechanical development.

I used the character histories method as the base, but was allowed to shift points in the same categories (for instance converting shoot points into of fight or melee points). I used a lot of my Extras points to bulk up body and mental stats and buy martial arts maneuvers, as well as to keep some of the character's original beneficies.

MECHANICAL STUFF :
Characteristics
Strength 8, Dexterity 8, and Endurance 9
Wits 8, Perception 5, and Tech 3.
Extrovert 5, Introvert 2
Passion 7, Calm 2
Faith 3, Ego 2

Skills
Charm 7, Dodge 6, Fight 8, Impress 5, Melee 7, Shoot 6, Sneak 3, Vigor 8
Lore: Frost 4, Lore: Father's Lands 5, Lore: Vuldrok 4, Social: Leadership 1, Social: Debate 2, Stoic Body 1, Survival 5, Gambling 1, Remedy 1, Ride 1, Search 2, Track 2

Languages: Vuldrok (Drenjar), Vuldrok (Skey), Vuldrok (Lakol), Urthish (speak only)

Martial Arts Maneuvers
Martial Arts: Martial Fist, Headbutt, Block, Throw, Group Throw

Blessings and Curses
Blessings: Handsome, Compass
Curses: Surly

Benefices and Afflictions
Benefices: Lodge (Wordun's Hide), Regard (Shieldmaiden), Heir, Relic
Afflictions: Barbarian

Other
Vitality: 14
Wyrd: 4
Last edited by angelicmadrigal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “For Players”