For Fun

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sir Marco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

For Fun

Postby Sir Marco » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Okay.. another thread gave me an idea.

Describe your funniest moments in a Fading Suns game. What made Mountain Dew spurt from your nose?

jhwisner

Re: For Fun

Postby jhwisner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Pretty much any time my players came up with a plan involving frictionless gel - particularly the campaign when one of them was playing a member of the Guild Mercurian. I'll post back with some specific stories later but one of them involves them impersonating a cleaning crew and "prepping" the target site rather thoroughly. Oh yes they lost money on that venture, but wow.

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:34 pm

I think one of the funniest moments for me was a crit fail my Engineer Ionnis had. The group had found an Ur library crystal and Ionnis's lifelong goal was to study and understand Ur Tech. This was one of the first and only times he'd ever even had a chance to touch some, let alone get to play with it. So he tried to devise a way in which to access the data contained on the crystal. He knew it could contain anything from super death star plans to crop reports, but he had to know. I explain this to the GM who allows me to formulate an idea for a device. This was mostly allowed because I had over the course of much time gotten my Tech up to 9 (I think it was like 2+ years of play time). At any rate I make my roll and crit fail the key roll.

The GM explains that I draw up plans that I'm certain will work, but it will take about a pound of Pygmallium in order to get the processing power it needs in order to work right. Now Pygmallium is ULTRA RARE and anything that uses it, tends to use a few grams at a time at most. So I began crafting my new plot to acquire this pound of Pygmallium without ever thinking about the fact that I was trying to gather about a billion Firebirds worth of the stuff. Ionnis was a genius, but money was only a thing that was used to get those things he needed, he wasn't very good with it.

In one of the very next adventures we had, after I drew up these plans, I was asked to build something or fix something that was fairly important. I considered it, looked at what they needed and promptly told them, "Alright, I can do this, but it'll cost you. I want one pound of Pygmallium in payment." At that point, the NPC looked at me like I was retarded. He then explained that asking for a billion Firebirds wasn't really reasonable payment. I was able to get some Pygmallium, but it was like one gram of it. So it became his new quest to gather it little by little until he got the pound he needed.

Calvin

Postby Calvin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:23 pm

So you are making him build a quantum computer? :D

Return to “For Players”