Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Ogolar

Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Postby Ogolar » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:34 pm

You can find the Earthdawn Third Edition Character Editor on .

It´s beta, so the may be some bugs. If you find one (or more) tell us please! The Bug-Tracker can be found .

If you have an Idea tell us.

If your skilled in Java-Programming and like to particpate in the Project, tell us, there is a lot of work to do!!!

I´ll write here if a new release is out!

Ogolar

Re: Earthdawn Character Editor/Generator

Postby Ogolar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 pm

It´s some time since the last release, but now the new release is ready for and testing.

We hope you´ll give some feedback. If you find some bugs please tell us here or by

The ChangeLog
## EarthdawnCharacterEditor-0.35-20111201.zip ##
+ Bugs
+ Fixating column order of the tables skill, spell and talent
+ optional talent spell matrix now works again for circle 1 if circle 2 is in use
+ Now Redbrick PDF export works even if no discipline was chosen
+ Parsing problems with weight and size field solved
+ TalentAbility of thread items now with correct bonus
+ Defence calculation of thread items corrected
+ Background picture of inventory tab will no longer scale with inventory
+ Row mismatch off the optional talents area within the Ajfel+Mordom PDF export solved
+ DamageStep of weapons will now be recognise
+ New disciplines:
+ Monk (Cathay)
+ Samurai (Cathay)
+ Scholar (Cathay)
+ XML Schema enhanced
+ Attribute 'birth' added to element APPEARANCE
+ For all columns of the tables within the GUI, the width can be configured: eceguilayout.xml
+ Main window size and sub window size can now be configured: eceguilayout.xml
+ Add more comments within the source code for optional talents procedures
+ Add RemoveLastDiscipline button within the discipline tab
+ Add Show/Hide Default Skills button within the skill tab
+ Buttons within the discipline tab are no longer transparent
+ Now all tabs have background pictures
+ New background pictures
+ New default window and columns sizes
+ All yard entries removed and replaced by hex entries
+ SpellEffekt font size within the Ajfel+Mordom PDF export re adjusted
+ Example characters updated

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Oooh, neat. Now that I'm done with my Alpha release , I have time to check this out more fully. I think once my Framework gets into Beta we can start thinking about how to get characters from this tool into Maptool as Tokens.

Flash

Postby Flash » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 am

Just ran through a quick character gen. Easy to use, looked great and exported to PDF nicely. Neato. Thanks for the hard work!
- From Slaves To Legends

Ogolar

Postby Ogolar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks for the flowers. If you try some more please give feedback.
Thanks.

earcaraxe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby earcaraxe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:10 pm

on one hand i find it fantastic. what i dodnt get is why the pdf is unmodifiable. any way to save the changes in the pdf? :cheerleader:

ragbasti

Postby ragbasti » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm

the PDF comes "unmodifiable" from redbrick as far as I know and I don't think they can change that.
I like however how it is already saved by the generator with everything filled in

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:04 am

hmm. if i use the plain character sheet pdf from redbrick I can save the changes i make, so i dont understand what "comes from redbrick as unmodifiable" means here. However the pdf that is generated by this program is somehow "protected" from any hand-made changes. it makes it nearly useless for me, except character generation.

arma

Postby arma » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 am

From what I've seen, you should be able to save the character inside the program. So you can build it, export it for play, get back to the program with your LP and expand the character, then re-export a new character sheet.
Best kaer anywhere.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:54 am

that is in line with my experiences. however there are many notes, infos i want to write on my char sheet, and also i find the inventory-part of this generator rather inconvenient. I'm far from being an expert on these issues, but this "changes cannot be saved" seems very unneccessary and easily fixed for me.

Return to “For Players”