A few questions.

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Tubben
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A few questions.

Postby Tubben » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 pm

I wrote this post in the old forum allready, i am just unsure if we are supposed to abbandon the old forum. Thats why i repost here..

Hello.

I have a few question about earthdawn rules:

Second Attack & Surprise Strike.
If an Thief uses his Surprise Strike out of shadow, and uses his Second Weapon Talent, can he use Surprise Strike for the second attack also ?
Means: Do he have 2 Surprise Strike attacks, or one Surprise Strike & one normal attack ?

Astral Pocket.
Does the pocket stay, or does the pocket move with the owner.

Windling Bag.
Is there any way to create an bag which reduce not only the weight, but also the seize of the stuff you put in ? As an Windling i have an hard time to hoard my precious. An Thread item would be ok, even if it's rare. Gives me something to hunt for ,-).

Rulebooks.
Any chance there will ever be german third edition rule books ?

Desperate Blow:
Can you use 2 Desperate Blow charms in the same round? One to for the hit, and the second for the damage ?

Stacking bonuses:
Can you use an Threaditem to raise Surprise Strike by 3 ranks, and then weave an group thread to raise Surprise Strike by 5 ranks (means +8 ranks?).

Best regards,

Keles, Windling Thief of 9 circles

thezombiekat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A few questions.

Postby thezombiekat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Dale

Postby Dale » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:18 pm

I would only allow the one surprise strike in that situation, although blindside could apply.

A thread item bag for windlings seems like a great item to come up with. The trick would be to not let it be too powerful too quick. Maybe start with the item shrinkage but keep the weight and then higher threads reduce weight upward of 50-70%. Something much more powerful would need to be a rarer/harder to get item.

You can stack bloodcharms in the manner presented. There is the optional rule for depatterning to keep things in check or you can simply limit their availability if you have a player that goes too nuts with it.

You can also stack bonuses in many ways. An item that adds a full 3 ranks to a talent is pretty powerful and that bonus would be at the later thread ranks. If a person wants to dump 5 ranks into a single talent that would make them really good at that one talent but maybe lacking in other areas or in flexibility. The rule of three would apply here as mentioned above; that being a single test can only gain the benefit from three sources. The game I play in currently can hit this with healing (first aid, potion, elementalists' spell heat food, plus a couple of wizard spells that the name escapes me) and even if we do everything we only gain the best three of them.
Dale

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 pm

arma

Postby arma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Best kaer anywhere.

Tubben

Postby Tubben » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:10 pm

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 am

yeh but why would anybody attack it. it would be unusual to keep weapons in there so unless your attackers goal is to deny you a special object, or take it themselves (if they have teh astral acess to retreve it) atacking your astral pocket is a loosing stratergy because it slows victory in a fight wigthout denying you the ability to win the fight.

in the case where the aim of the fight is to releve you of an object astral pocket can be used for a bluff. you let it be known that the object is in your astral pocket then transfer it to another charic ters backpack. your opponant spills 2 adventurers kits and a fake object onto the astral and you disengage gioving every aperance of having been defeated, you repair your astral pocket as you would a spell matrix.

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 am

You assume dealing with namegivers. The astral plane is home to all sorts of beings that might take offense to an astral pocket floating by.

Drucifer

Postby Drucifer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Tableau Infractus
Tableau Infractus

Fans are the life blood of any game system... Go get some new blood.

mineriv

Postby mineriv » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 am

If a group is in combat with a single enemy and that enemy is locked in a spell like bone dance, do the other attacking characters just get to wail on the enchanted person? Is there any repercussion to the necromancer? Cause this would be the same with spells like undead struggle, too.
thanks for any help.

Return to “For Players”