ED PG Queries

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
evilgaz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ED PG Queries

Postby evilgaz » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 am

Hi All

Seemed appropriate to have a thread for all those questions and queries that are going to come out of the new Savage version - probably helps to have them all in one place so they can go into an updated version of the PDF if necessary. ;)

Few random ones from a flick through (because I know you're not busy enough already):

I note that Orks have got both Gruff and Outsider Hindrances that roughly amount to the same thing, are they supposed to have both? This would mean -4 Charisma when talk to non-Orks, which is quite harsh.

The New Edges table is handy, if it could be squeezed in a list of edges by Discipline would be even more useful (arguably they could go in the preceding Discipline descriptions in Rank, Alphabetical order). Or this could be a "free pdf" bolt on, on the website maybe?

Might be worth being really specific at the start of Adept Edges, and stating that if no Karma cost is mentioned in the description of the Edge, then it costs 1 point.

Trollswords on the weapon table state that they can be used one handed by trolls - probably worth adding in that the same goes for Obsidimen.

I like the -1 Toughness for Blood Charms - neat solution there!

Cheers

Gaz

Edit: Also, the character generation text talks of putting things on the character sheet, but I didn't see one included in the pdf. A great chance for fans to produce one of their own no doubt :)

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ED PG Queries

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 am

Gobbo

Postby Gobbo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am

I noticed that the Wizard Adept says the character gets "Arcane Background [Illusionist]. That seems wrong?
‎"I went outside once... the graphics were ok but the gameplay sucked!"

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 am

It's an error (BargeViking caught that as well). I missed a couple of emails and that's one item that should have been fixed, sorry (and it will be in the April PDF update). Change that to "Arcane Background (Wizard) and you are good to go! Also, the following needs to accompany this errata:

p.199, Being a Magician: Change this paragraph to:
There are four types of Adepts that cast spells: Elementalists, Illusionists, Nethermancers, and Wizards. When a player chooses one of these Discipline Edges during character creation (p. 40), he automatically gains the Arcane Background for that Discipline. Arcane Backgrounds are unique to each magician Discipline:

Arcane Background (Elementalist, Illusionist, Nethermancer, or Wizard)
Arcane Skill: Spellcasting (Smarts)
Starting Threads: 10
Starting Spells: 3

Kind regards, James

Bleddyn

Postby Bleddyn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Why obsidimen do not have a natural armor?

Why charismatic and brilliant t'skarangs are ugly?

In Savage Worlds effect of edge/power lasts until our next action and not the end of the round...

Warrior Discipline - Fighting k10?

Kelibrimbor

Postby Kelibrimbor » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Is there no resistance to most spells? Bone Dance. , stop right there, pain, etc. just require a successful spell casting roll but don't state a resistance roll.

Hank Woon

Postby Hank Woon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Hank Woon

Postby Hank Woon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm

BargeViking

Postby BargeViking » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Hmm.. I am not a Savage Worlds knowledgeable guy. But, isn't losing 1 toughness for a worm eating out your eye a bit extreme?

I can't think of a better way to handle that, but it just seems harsh.

Still, as usual, great release. You guys are very good at keeping errors to a minimum. This time the bookmarks even work. :angel:

Gobbo

Postby Gobbo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm

I assume all these changes will be updated in the PDF and reset and corrected before the book is printed?
‎"I went outside once... the graphics were ok but the gameplay sucked!"

Return to “Product Discussion”