Card Deck Ideas for Eathdawn

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kelibrimbor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Card Deck Ideas for Eathdawn

Postby Kelibrimbor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 pm

One of the things that helps me get engaged in Savage Worlds games is a card deck that is appropriately themed. That got me thinking about a card deck for Savage Earthdawn.

My original idea was to have an elemental themed deck - 1 suit Air, Earth, Fire and Water. Jokers would be Oricalchum. I could add art of commonly known people (Alachia, etc.) on the face cards. However, then I realized that Wood is also an element in ED, so I also thought of making a 5 suit, 10 card per suit deck.

So, I have a couple of questions in search of ideas.

1. Are there any symbols of the elements in the ED material? I have several first through third edition books, but can't remember seeing any.
2. Anyone have other ideas for an awesome themed ED deck?

Hank Woon

Re: Card Deck Ideas for Eathdawn

Postby Hank Woon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

That would be really awesome.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Gobbo

Postby Gobbo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 pm

I will take 2 please!
‎"I went outside once... the graphics were ok but the gameplay sucked!"

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm pretty sure I know a couple of people that would be up for a deck or two.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm looking into this, along with custom Bennies (especially for Karma Points).

Gobbo

Postby Gobbo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Bennies and Karma tokens would rule!
‎"I went outside once... the graphics were ok but the gameplay sucked!"

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:13 am

In my ad hoc conversion, Bennies were renamed Karma... curious to see what you've done with it now!

Any kind of gamer bling is a always good.

Return to “For Players”