fireblood

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

fireblood

Postby galafrone » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 am

Is a talent, based on a recovery test.
since the wound penalties are effecting "action and effect tests" with the exception of recovery tests, my question is wich is the correct interpretation ?

1) fireblood is not affected by the wound penalty being a recovery test

2) fireblood is affected by the wound penalty being an effect test that USE a recovery test but is an action/effect test.

i wills ay 1
but as usual i am asking :)

arma

Re: fireblood

Postby arma » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:02 am

it's 2
Best kaer anywhere.

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 am

this is very interesting.
so the (rightly for game balance) Fireblood during a fight has a great effect if used when NOT wounded, and has diminishing returns if used when wounded (and that means you are already on the down curve of the returns).

also is very useful because in this way it gives the FB users a thought on using it in the last waning rounds of a fight (i cant imagine a fb test with fb on say 7-10 ranks, it's like gulping a booster potion each fb done) or wait the end of the fight, having the wounds treated and the rec test going full effect without the wounds penalties.

interesting indeed, thanks arma :)

freid

Postby freid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:16 pm

This brings an interesting question. When is the engagement is considered over ? Are you allowing your players with FireBlood to use this talent after all opponents are down ? Must it be in the same round of the last opponent defeated ?

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:44 am

i usually let the players use FB until the "clear win" condition is up
that is, at the start of a round only 1 opponent is up and they are outnumbering him 3:1
at that point, they can declare the last use of fb
if the conditions remain at the start of the following round, they cant use it anymore
if the conditions change and the pc are again risking defeat (like the npc strike down 1 pc) they can resume the use of fb
also, i keep for myself the chance to say "yes you can" or "no you cant anymore" when we are at start of the round and they are declaring the initiatives.

ManDrake

Postby ManDrake » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:14 am

Galafrone don't forget that Fireblood can be used to Heal Wounds as well if you get the proper talent knacks. It gives the player to use all of his recovery tests without any limitations that you'd normally have. No hour wait in between most importantly. It has be balanced with decreasing effectiveness to offset the raw power it gives players.

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Since both Sky Raiders and Warriors (who would both use Fireblood the most) get the Vitality talent at 11th Circle, they tend to last quite a while.
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Return to “For Game Masters”