Spell Balance

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
kosmit

Re: Spell Balance

Postby kosmit » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 am

Just like Dragonbreath which can hit specific targets or even objects in AoE.
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 pm

If I were to see an Errata on this, I like the idea of Fireball effecting all characters in the AoE, with Flame Darts being selectively target-able in the 1hex radius circle. That's an elegant fix, and fits with the 'tropes' that Fireball has in other systems.

kevsurp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kevsurp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 pm

for fireball i have 2 options you could use

1. he effect rank target but you start with lowish to highish spell defense

2. do it like death rain and make him say the character names out load not to effect them and if he misspeaks one then a oops happens.
i had one game where the elementist cast death rain and almost toasted a party member because he could say his name right the character had a hard to pronounce name

Return to “For Game Masters”