House Political Poll

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Sir Marco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

House Political Poll

Postby Sir Marco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:00 pm

If you were a freeman in the Fading Suns Universe, if you had to choose a noble house to live under, which would you choose and why?

Sir Marco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: House Political Poll

Postby Sir Marco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:47 pm

I guess it's more like a survey since I'm asking why... :)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 pm

If "I" was me (background, training, experience, etc.) I would probably go for House al-Malik. They're (sort of) liberal-ish, open-minded, sophisticated, and always interesting, even though they are dangerous, half-mad, and snobish.

However, for most freemen of the Phoenix Empire, I'd expect a life under the Hawkwood banner would be advantageous. On the other hand, a career military would find career advancement the easiest with the Hazat.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 am

I'd probably go AL-Malik or Hawkwood.

I'm not military enough for Hazat.

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 pm

I'd have to go with House Juandaastas, even though it's a minor house I'd fit in best with them.

77IM

Postby 77IM » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 pm

That's tough. As a serf, it's easy. Hawkwood and Li Halan are both known for treating their serfs much better than the others. Hazat and Decados treat their serfs poorly. Al-Malik, for all their talk, aren't especially good to their serfs.

But as a freeman... well, you're free. Your main issues would involve not pissing off the guilds (particularly the Muster) and obviously not pissing off any nobles (of any house). (I am assuming here that you mean "Yeoman" since technically I believe Guild members are themselves counted as freemen.) So you'd want to go with the nobles least likely to get pissed off by you, and/or have worlds where the Muster is particularly weak. I think the al-Malik or Hawkwood sound like the least likely to get cheesed at some random freeman and have you thrown in jail on trumped-up charges. The Li Halan probably have the least Muster influence. I'm sure these factors vary wildly from world to world even within a house.

How does that analysis sound? I haven't played Fading Suns in years so this is part of my warm-up process.

-- 77IM

Newmarduk

Postby Newmarduk » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I'd say it's a tie between the Hawkwoods and the al-Malik.

Ezekiah

Postby Ezekiah » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 am

I would choose the Li - Halan. Ronin for hire :P

eavatar

Postby eavatar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Hawkwood. Because I know they never will force me to be subject of some odd experience, specially if I live in Delphi or Ravenna

Calvin

Postby Calvin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Are you implying most freemen have that much of a choice? :D

Return to “For Players”