[Ed4] Stealthy Stride talent

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Ed4] Stealthy Stride talent

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:04 pm

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby etherial » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Also, it does seem to me that if the rule is, you roll once and that lasts... until, then that is a reason not to re-roll poor results. That result lasts "until" - whatever your usual until is. Until circumstances change, until the next scene, what have you.

Since this is a borderline house rule as it is, you don't have to say that stopping using it for a round and then starting again triggers a new roll. You just have to be consistent about how you handle that, through good or bad rolls. If that is the rule, I don't see that as a huge problem - few scenes last more than a handful of rounds anyway, so someone really trying to get their awesome SS roll is going to be spending half the scene just stopping and starting.. by which time whatever stealthiness they're up to is probably ruined anyway.

I mean, if you really make that a hard rule anyway, someone could get that awesome roll of 48, and then declare that they move at half speed for the rest of their life and just hold onto that, yes? It's clearly just as ridiculous, and when you, as the GM, see someone so totally gaming a rule, you really can just say, "Um, no, that's silly. Cute - giving you 100 LPs for making me laugh - but no."

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:31 am

I don't know - I'd be tempted to let them try to ride that roll. Then write in a scenario where they have to hail a taxi.

Return to “For Game Masters”