Mists of Betrayal 1517 (spoiler alert)

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Algustus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mists of Betrayal 1517 (spoiler alert)

Postby Algustus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:02 am

Hey folks,

I'm taking a group of new Earthdawn players through Mists of Betrayal. I've ran the adventure twice before (admittedly some time ago), and it should work fine for my group.

I also like the 1517 setting, as it lets me take events from Barsaive at War and other adventures I've ran as an ED GM in the past and use them as key knowledge when making up thread items. So I don't want to change past events too much, but I've got the Everliving Flower to deal with...

I'm thinking of running the adventure more or less as is, except instead of the Everliving Flower in a crystal box I'll have the characters deliver a Crystal Key that may or may not unlock the box, depending on the flow of the game later. I've got Torgak to deal with too, he would be way too old as a troll to still be Mayor. I'm thinking of using a daughter or granddaughter of Torgak, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm fond of the old guy, I'd hate to keep him functional only as a horror puppet. Although it is Parlainth...

Has anyone else ran Mists of Betrayal in the current timeling and have suggestions?

Algustus

Slimcreeper

Re: Mists of Betrayal 1517 (spoiler alert)

Postby Slimcreeper » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:37 am

Would you like to have Torgak taxidermied and set up at a tavern table with a bottle of good wine to be opened, consumed, and replaced each year on the anniversary of his death?

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:55 am

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 am

Adventures aren't built on the backs of good decisions.

BahtRastard

Postby BahtRastard » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:43 pm

You could put him inside a statue.....
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/27/asia/mumm ... nk-statue/
Gold and Silver we have not, but steel we have aplenty- Lathryus Vorpatril

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:38 am

ArcadianRefugee

Postby ArcadianRefugee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Algustus

Postby Algustus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:30 pm

I could always have him hang out with Twiceborn, then he could be a Cadaverman and a useful NPC. All kinds of twisted possibilities present themselves.

Return to “For Game Masters”