Travar Previews

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Travar Previews

Postby Mataxes » Fri May 13, 2016 10:01 am

With the book coming down the pipe soon (we're trying to work it so print copies will be available at GenCon, but it will be tight), I'm going to start sharing some teasers and previews. Here's the first.

http://www.fasagames.com/blog/?post_id= ... ar-preview
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Travar Previews

Postby etherial » Fri May 13, 2016 11:09 am

I like the write-up of the Water Rebellion and some of the thoughts expressed.

IMB, slavery of a sort is legal in Travar, which gives it some nice philosophical conflict with Throal. The Magistrates simply couldn't see a way for Capitalism to survive in a Closed System without hyperinflation unless there was a way to compel people to work off their debts. So in Travar, if you bankrupt yourself, all your worldly goods are sold at auction and then your labor is sold off at auction. If you still owed, say, 500 Silver, then your labor would be sold at auction for the period of time required to work off your debt. The auction starts at 500 days working in the crystal greenhouses and anyone who thinks they can get a higher value proposition out of your labor can bid fewer and fewer days until the auction is over. But because your debt is owed to the City, all Slaves are technically owned by the State, and mistreating a slave (or unauthorized slave ownership) is a serious crime.

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Fri May 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri May 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Great teaser! Looking forward to learning more about Travar, as I plan to run Terror In The Skies after it comes out.

Dale

Postby Dale » Sun May 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Nice teaser.

Are there plans to throw it out to the KS folks for first post-company edits/review/errata/whatnot?
Dale

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun May 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Absolutely. Most likely once the text is "locked down" for layout/art we'll have an early access PDF for backers.
Josh Harrison --

Dale

Postby Dale » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:20 pm

It has been a couple of months. Any word on where things stand on Travar specifically. Another general road map for what is upcoming after that would also be swell.
Dale

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:43 pm

I got the revisions back from the writer on the final Travar chapter, and now Morgan and I are going back and forth on the mechanics.

I've started dropping sections into the Companion. I have 10 (of 12) chapter drafts back for the Questors book in-character pieces, so that book is taking shape. Nothing new to report on the Elven Nations book.

In other news, I'm finishing up work on the Quick-Start packet and introductory adventure. I'm also waiting on drafts for the first couple of adventures that are part of the "Legends of Barsaive" campaign that we launched at GenCon this year.
Josh Harrison --

Dale

Postby Dale » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:35 am

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the info.

I did finally get a group together and finished my intro arc. Good to be getting back in the swing of things again.
Dale

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 am

Just started reading through this ... I'm really excited. Is it great? It looks like it may be great.

Return to “Product Discussion”