Excel character sheet - help beta test?

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Fusilliban
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Excel character sheet - help beta test?

Postby Fusilliban » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Hey folks,

Doc Smiley and etherial and I have been putting together an Excel character sheet for Earthdawn, to help do the math for people. We're getting to the point where we're ready to release it for general consumption, but so far it's only circulated around our gaming group, which means there's probably tons of other use cases we haven't thought of.

Would any of y'all be interested in helping beta test? This would involve getting the not-quite-ready-for-prime-time version of the sheet, tinkering with it a bit, and sending some feedback. Excel 2010 or later is best, not all features work on Excel 2007.

Send me a PM if you're in!

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Excel character sheet - help beta test?

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Sounds cool! I am making something similar with a wiki-system called Tiddlywiki. Still in the design phase on that. It would be cool to see what you all have done, and I'm pretty good with Excel functions, but I might not have a lot of time to give lots of feedback. Very busy with some other stuff....

etherial

Postby etherial » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:51 am

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Agreed. One of the things that still needs work is that we use the old n+3 talents at n rule for circling, and the sheet pops up "ready to circle" notifications based on that. This is on the to-do list, but it's not yet to-done.

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm still interested in helping out with this.

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:24 am

Dougan, do you have an email address you can give me? I tried to ask you in PM but it says you've disabled receipt of PMs.

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:32 am

Sheets are out. The first pass of this is going to be without any intro text, because I want to see if what we've created is at all intuitive to anyone else. There's also a list of "we could implement this but would it be worth it to anyone at all" features, and I'd like to see what folks request, if anything.

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Might need a one-off function to "convert" a Talent...

On that note, I can't get my copy of Excel running at home... so I haven't had a chance to peek at the sheet yet. I'm going to try the free 1 month of Office 365 later this week.

Return to “For Players”