The Very Best Ship

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leviathan of Maddoc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Very Best Ship

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:18 pm

What was the best ship in any of your games?
Not the biggest or the most heavily armed or even the one with the coolest tech. Which ship was the best character in your games?

In the Eye of the Pancreator game we were boarded by a Vuldrock Raider called the Tennerbon and through a duel with a massive Vuldrok we managed to take her. Tennerbon was loosely translated from Norwegian as "Picked over Bones". She was a lander which always makes things simple for PCs but she was also designed to land and take-off quickly so she was just a little more agile than those that wanted to stop us. The Ship's think machines were administrated by a crown interface. When you wore the crown you had access to virtual advisers in Lore and Vuldrok Law and Ship's systems that would make melodramatic opinionated speeches to you. We had long toyed with the idea of Vuldrock ships having a "Hall" that would serve as the center of life on the ship and serve the center of administration and ritual for the crew. The Tennerbon was the first ship we encountered that had one. The Hall was decorated to resemble the inside of a Voldrok longhouse and the life-support system was designed to allow open flames.

Tell us about the best ship from your games.

Bertjammin

Re: The Very Best Ship

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:12 am

I would suggest that to date ours would have been the old Al Malik Rahimat Galliot that my players acquired.
A Charioteer owed them a substantial amount of money and tried to kill the cadre rather than pay his debt. They stopped him and he offered them his old ship in payment (worth potentially more than the outstanding payment). The catch being that he'd been brought down by missile fire and the ship was still at the crash location and currently not space worthy.
The players agreed and organised a recovery mission, only to discover that the village near the crash site had been infested with Husks and the ships reactor was leaking radiation.
To cut a long story short they recovered the ship, managed to get it to the largest planetary spaceport, repaired it (with help from the local Scravers & SOE Guilds) crewed it with hirelings and rechristened it "The Questionable Intent".
However on their first journey out (a "simple" cargo run) the hirelings turned out to be working for a Decados who had infiltrated the crew, they mutinied and left the players stranded on an SOE research base, controlled by an ancient 2nd Republic Golem and her brainwashed human servants.
Fifteen session of play later the players have just boarded the ship again after discovering that it is being used by the crew as a pirate vessel (in part it seems to bring the legal owner, the Torenson knight in the cadre, into disrepute) with the Decados agent in command (but calling herself by the name of the Justinian knight who first brought the cadre together). Whether they mange to reclaim the ship, scuttle it in revenge or it becomes their floating tombs all remains to be seen...
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:57 pm

I hope they get it back :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “For Players”