Airship Weapons

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Sangius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Airship Weapons

Postby Sangius » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Posting on my tablet, so I will keep myself short:
1. I cant find prizes for airship weapons. What do ballistas/spear thrower (and ammo) cost?
2. Isnt a dmg step of 12 rather low? Many adepts will deal that with a 1h weapon and I feel a shipweapon should hit harder...

Sangius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Airship Weapons

Postby Sangius » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:24 am

Any informed guesses, maybe?

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Since many things stay rather continuous throughout the editions, I would be fine with any on them. We're playing the current version, though, but I am fairly sure there are no official sources for airship weapons in that edition yet.

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm not sure where you're getting the dmg step of 12, but an Elven Warbow is only a 5, as is a broadsword, and a two-handed sword is 8. 12 is significantly larger (and for a ranged weapon to boot), and I see no reason it cannot benefit from certain Talents just as the warbow and swords.

The biggest difference is with adding the strength step. I would think you would add something, but I cannot necessarily justify strength.

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:17 pm

I assumed that you do not add individual attributes to ship-mounted weapons, which would make them kind of weak. Maybe that could be clarified, too. But for now I am mainly looking for the prize a Spear-Thrower or Ballista would probably cost :)

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:28 pm

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:54 am

There is a problem with scale on mounted weapons. Getting hit from balista would kill average human but it need to deal step 12 dmg if you consider ships health ratings. You can make dmg step higher but hitting a Namegiver should be harder and you need to raise ship health ratings.
Duvvelsheyss

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”