Quick question re: Vestrivan

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sangius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Quick question re: Vestrivan

Postby Sangius » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Am I correct that Vestrivan didn't sacrifice himself by flying into the Horror Cloud in the 4th edition timeline?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Quick question re: Vestrivan

Postby Mataxes » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:52 pm

You are correct, sir. While most of the broad strokes are similar, the devil is in the details.

Vestrivan does not show up at the assault on Vivane and Sky Point in the ED4 timeline.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:55 pm

I like it. In my personal games, I always envisioned Vestrivan being the force behind Aztechnology in Shadowrun. Although this whole "nobile sacrifice" thing had its merits too, of course.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:10 pm

The "noble sacrifice" is at least partially based on the idea that Stormhead's assault on Vivane was accidental.

As I have expressed elsewhere, that is a bad idea.

With that gone, I don't see any reason for Vestrivan to get involved.
Josh Harrison --

Elidis

Postby Elidis » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi,

glad to hear the story take another way :clap:

I'll take the chance and want to ask, what is with the march of the undead ?
If I remember me correctly, Vivane was not completely destroyed, so there is no need for this walk, too :-)
And hopefully you'll find another idea for what's within the horror cloud...

All this future development, will it be described in the companion or do you have some plans for an epic story book?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:19 pm

I have no plans to have the march of undead take place, and no immediate plans to explore the situation with the Horror cloud.

The Companion is not going to have much in the way of setting info (beyond whatever might naturally go along with the included rules).
Josh Harrison --

LouProsperi

Postby LouProsperi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:29 am

Return to “Product Discussion”