The Noble percentage

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!

What proportion of your group play nobles?

0% (no nobles here, Sir. Viva le republic!)
14%
1-10% (large group, but few nobles)
No votes
11-20% (large to medium size group, few nobles. May be the cadre concept is a single noble with entourage?)
29%
21-30% (almost a third...possibly a normal split?)
14%
31-40% (a third, is that typical?)
No votes
41-50% (getting a bit more noble-focussed now...)
14%
51-60% (they are taking over...)
No votes
61-70% (getting crowded with all these egos....)
No votes
71-80% (almost total domination)
14%
81-90% (do you have any other players?)
14%
91-100% (who cleans their shoes and bridles the riding beasts?)
No votes
101+% (now you are being silly)
No votes

Total votes: 7

Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Noble percentage

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:07 am

I have what I figure to be quite a high proportion of Noble PCs in my game but I wondered if that truly was the case. What percentage of your players play as nobility?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Noble percentage

Postby Angelman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 am

I usually have one or two nobles in a 4-5 person cadre, typically a main-man dude with at most a noble retainer cousin or similar + a priest and other dudes. Aliens and serfs/freemen are at least as popular as nobles in my groups, I think.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:21 pm

As it currently stands we have five out of six PCs are nobles.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:41 pm

My gaming groups have 1 to 2 nobles on a group of 6-7.
I had other parties with no nobles before as well.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:53 pm

We originally had a lot of nobles. Now when we have nobles they're often very low rank or Bastards.

Hygric

Postby Hygric » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:42 am

2 out of 4 nobles in my regular cast of players, the other two being guilders. Irregular cast are 1 noble and 1 clergy. So 50% for my little group of miscreants.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 pm

First and last FS campaign, there was no noble. In most campaign setting we play in, there's often a character of higher standing and curiously, this time, even if there is plenty of occasions to create one, there was none. There was a charioteer, a vorox, a jack of all trade and a brother battle.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:05 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:23 am

1 noble, Li Halan on the run from her family because she fears they'll find out she's a psychic. Pretends to be a merchants daughter.
1 street urchin reformed by the Avestites and now an inquisitor.
1 brother battle and bastard offspring of a Hazat knight.
1 Scraver/assassin.
1 Charioteer who turned out to be the descendant of an Al Malik noble and heir to a small fief on Criticorum.

The Charioteer didn't know his character would turn out to be a noble I just thought it would work well for the campaign and introduce a lot of courtly intrigue, scheming and plotting on top of the quest they're on.

Return to “For Game Masters”