Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Amoeba
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Amoeba » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Folaray
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Folaray » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:59 am

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:13 am

Sangeet

Postby Sangeet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 am

I am getting unpatient , and if the delivery is now postphoned to 2016 (expected was 2014, see thread title) I would accept a refund and pass on Earthdawn 4th edition.

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 pm

curious on any new word... GM..... i know you are doing best just thought i would ask....

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:32 am

Sorry about the recent silence. Update going out later today.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Update went out via Kickstarter, but here's a brief summary for those not being notified through that channel.

* I am just waiting on the final tweaks on the stat blocks for Horrors and their constructs/minions to be finished. That should be this weekend.

* Once those are back, that last chapter goes through layout and a "pre final art" version gets produced, letting us know where there might still be gaps in the art. This also gives us a chance to catch any more errors/mistakes that might still be lurking.

* As final art comes in, it gets put into the book. Once all the space is filled, the "production" PDF is created and we send the book off to the printer.

* GM Screen is being hammered out. The screen will be 4-panel, each 6x9 (same digest size as the books). It will include a 32-page insert that will have higher-circle versions of the sample characters from the Player's Guide (C2, C4, C6, and C8). That will go to the printer as soon as it is done.

* Once the books, screens, and other stuff get to our distributor, we will fulfill all of the still outstanding Player's Guides, Gamemaster's Guides, and screens. Hardcover and softcover. Foreign and domestic. Based on what we're looking at right now, I expect those shipments to be going out in November.

Assuming all goes smoothly and as planned, everybody who backed the KS should have those first three products in their hands by the end of the year (dependent on shipping times).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks for the update Mataxes. After more than 1.5 years of waiting I am excited at the prospect of finally being able to thumb through hard copies of the 4th Ed books.

Will I run the game for my group? Honestly? No.

Please understand, I think you guys have done a good job updating the rules and I'm curious to see what you do with the setting down the track. However, the way in which the production of 4ED has been handled has been underwhelming. Lack of communication and the painfully slow rollout has eaten away at our group's enthusiasm for 4th edition to the point where, sorry to say, we have moved on:

'Dear Earthdawn,

I don't know how to say this but - we're leaving you. After twenty wonderful, and not so wonderful years together (remember 2nd Edition?), it's time for us to go our separate ways. Let's face it, our relationship has gone stale. You keep promising to change, but every time we end up in the same rules rut and nothing ever seems to move forward (especially the timeline!). I'm am tired of having to defend you to my friends by saying things like: "You don't know Earthdawn like I do. Her rules may seem complicated at first, especially when it comes to magic, but you just have to get to know her better!"

The truth is - we've found someone else. An old flame from high school that we ran into. Yes, Dungeons and Dragons. D&D has changed a lot from when I first saw her in that red box. She has lost a lot of (rules) weight, but at heart she is the same game that I loved back then. Things are simple with her. I don't have to feel like I'm in a maths lesson or look up tables all the time with her. Best of all, she keeps things exciting by always suggesting new places to go out and explore with fresh adventures and other material. She's made me feel like a teenager again!

So goodbye Earthdawn. Maybe we'll see each other in a year or so when you get around to releasing one of those other sourcebooks you're always talking about. Maybe we'll exchange some pleasantries as I flip through the book's pages and reminisce about old times. Maybe not. Either way, I wish you the best.

Take care,
Sundahk.'

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Aw, it's OK, Earthdawn. Let him run off with that Fifth Edition floozy - we don't need him.

What do you say we head back to my place, and we'll spend a wild night with TORG? <wink>

Mogre

Postby Mogre » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”