GM Screen

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GM Screen

Postby Mataxes » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 pm

Hey there folks. I am working on sorting through the different charts and tables in the Player's and GM's Guides to try and figure out which ones will be used on the GM Screen.

There are a total of 77, and they obviously can't all fit. So I'm looking for comments and thoughts on what you would find most helpful on an Earthdawn GM Screen.

Obviously, the #1 priority on the list is the Step/Acton Dice Table. But there are many more!

If you aren't sure what the options are, here's a link to a Google doc where I have them all listed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-q2 ... sp=sharing

Comment here, or on the doc.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

LouProsperi

Re: GM Screen

Postby LouProsperi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:30 am

Hello,

After looking over the list, here are the tables (in no particular order) that I think would be useful for a GM while running the game. (note that I left off the Weapons table, based on the discussion on FB).

Step/Action Dice Table
Travel Rate Table
Difficulty Number Table
Perception Difficulty Table
Perception Modifier Table
Barrier Rating Table
Survival Table
Astral Sensing Table
Raw Magic Table
Dispel Difficulty Table
Sensing Difficulty Table
Astral Backlash Table
Combat Options Table
Situation Modifiers Table
Interaction Success Table

That's probably more than you have room for, but if nothing else it's a start point.

Hope this helps,

Lou

etherial

Postby etherial » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:57 am

LouProsperi

Postby LouProsperi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:07 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Which table is the Interaction Success Table? Is it the Favor Success Table?

etherial

Postby etherial » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:23 pm

For me, the GM screen is there to help me make things up, like it was my plan all along. So weapon damage tables and character creation tables are generally not necessary - Steps are easy to invent. I want something for things that are hard to make up on the spot. One thing I would love to see is an index of useful tables that didn't quite make the cut.

Must includes:
Step Number Conversion Table
Difficulty Number Table
Perception Modifier Table
Barrier Rating Table
Step/Action Dice Table (Easy to memorize, but also easy to fit it in since you can put a narrow version all the way down one edge of the screen)
Default Skill Table (Very useful, but you could just include these on every character sheet)
Raw Magic Table (really, all of the Astral Space Tables can be combined)
Dispel Difficulty Table (really, all of the spell tables can be combined)
Combat Options Table
Situation Modifiers Table

Honorable mentions:

Travel Rate Table
Better as an inset on an updated large paper map, but useful.

Visibility Table
Legend Award Table
Climbing Difficulty Table
Falling Damage Table
Survival Table
Knowledge Test Table
Knowledge Obscurity Table
Navigation Table
Physician Table
interaction Success Table

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”