3rd edition and miniature range

Discussion on the Demonworld game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or miniatures.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
poulpox
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

3rd edition and miniature range

Postby poulpox » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:27 am

Hi guys!
I saw on the FASA site that we finally have a date for release this summer, yaaay!
I wanted to ask what are the plans in terms of models? Will some of the line be updated?

Thanks!
Thomas

Arhnayel

Re: 3rd edition and miniature range

Postby Arhnayel » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:32 am

Hello guys ! Been a while I didn't post here !

I thought the 3rd edition was to be released in june / jully of 2014, as written here : .

Since that news, the only things I saw concerning DW are on the FASA blog (last article : Demonguard) and they were for the rpg only.

To be honest, I'm starting to fear the 3rd edition project has been cancelled or so much delayed it's nearly the same. I hope I'm wrong.
The Blessing of Stars' eternal
Although the Knight remains mortal.

vegabond

Postby vegabond » Thu May 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Is there rules for Hex maps and freeform play with a tape measure? Will miniatures need to be rebased?

Sundweller

Postby Sundweller » Mon May 18, 2015 2:24 pm

I just recently picked up a used copy of the first edition of this game at my local game store.

Being an avid gamer, I don't know how I missed this game when it came out, I had never heard of it. After digging, I found out about the second edition rules, but I don't want to purchase them if the 3rd edition is going to be coming out.

So my question is: Is there going to be a 3rd edition for sure? I did see there was supposed to be a release date of last summer 2014. So what's the status of this??

Arhnayel

Postby Arhnayel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:24 pm

So, finally, the third edition has come ! I see it uses another system, U18, (no more hexes, D10 instead of D20 and D6 and many other things) and for me, it's like a whole new game. Simplified, easier to understand and play, but without all the originality of Demonworld.

I was wondering if FASA intends to make "two" Demonworld games :
- the one using the U18 system ;
- another one using hexes and D20/D6 like the original game and so on ?

By the way, after a quick reading of the rules of the new Demonworld game, I didn't see some rules :
- standard-bearers and musicians ;
- giant monsters and overrun attacks ;
- drifts and deflects for artillery ;
- combat skills for units ;
- charges attack bonus and so on.
Will these rules come in other rulebooks ? Maybe as "special" rules for factions ? Or have these rules been these wiped out ?
The Blessing of Stars' eternal
Although the Knight remains mortal.

Return to “Product Discussion”