Just started running FSrevised!

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hygric
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just started running FSrevised!

Postby Hygric » Sat May 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Afternoon all,

I am a long time GM (30+ years) and I have just started a Fading Suns revised game. My players are really enjoying the setting so far, as am I!

Great setting and background, A+++ on the creative side of things!

I have 1 huge gripe about the GM's guide PDF unfortunately. The maps are terrible. Same with the galaxy map in the Player's Guide, but I have been able to find good copies of that map online. Are their any plans to provide reasonable quality copies of the planet maps at any stage?

Angelman

Re: Just started running FSrevised!

Postby Angelman » Sun May 31, 2015 5:26 am

When you say the maps are terrible, do you mean artistically, or the resolution?
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Hygric

Postby Hygric » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:11 am

Sorry, I should have specified that bit of info. My bad to on the galaxy map, it's in the GM's book as well, not the players guide.

Artistically they look fine, I've never been a fan of cluttered overly pretty maps as a GM resource anyhow.

It's the resolution that is the problem, even with my glasses on I can't make out most details on them (city names etc). The maps and artwork look as though they were scanned from an original print version at a low resolution. It is a real shame as otherwise the GM's guide is quite an attractive PDF. I note that these resolution issues don't seem to affect the Player's Guide art.

If this was done to keep the PDF size down for download purposes (players guide is 8% more pages, but 35% bigger file), what would the chances be of a hi-res map pack being released to supplement the GM's Guide?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:59 am

I have res.problems with the planet maps as well. I would love it if we could have better versions of the maps when next we do a fix-up version of the GMG. We'll see what can be done :)
(numerous projects)

Hygric

Postby Hygric » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:39 am

Good to hear that it isn't just me, and that you want to do something about it in future.

For now, is there a good resolution map available of Criticorum anywhere? My google skills have let me down and that is the planet that my party are stuck on at the moment. While I can guess where everything is, I would prefer to get it "right" from the get-go.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:34 am

I found this one on google http://a406.idata.over-blog.com/2/06/09 ... icorum.jpg
The text is cut a bit though... but perhaps you can use the image?
(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 am

Yeah. The maps are... well they didn't come out as well as they could have. If I can get things moving on other fronts it would be nice to get them redone in high-res.

-Todd
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Hygric

Postby Hygric » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:47 am

Thanks for that Angel, helped a lot!

Return to “Product Discussion”