Drama Seeds

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drama Seeds

Postby Angelman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 am

I wish I could draw... :/
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:15 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 am

(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:16 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Hope you guys enjoy tis one!

Station of Doom

Setup: Using the Byzantium Secundus supplement and the Gar Levit (Byzantium Secundus p. 68) character, you can make the group leave B2 and head to Bannockburn where all the action happens. I recommend that the adventure be a sequence of events that leads to the station. At least a character has to know the abducted. Choose a noble family that will suit well for the situation, if you choose.

Showcase: Space station, investigation, antinomy, guild corruption and church salvation (?)

The party is thrown into turmoil as an old noble friend, Vera, comes searching them for help. His only son, Marcelo, is missing. He was supposed to attend a ball and even though known for his excesses, he has not returned after a week.
Searching and asking questions around leads to a house maid that left with Marcelo late at night to her place, near the slums of the capital city. Questioning her, she will state that he left early, after their night of business. She said he left towards the spaceport. At the spaceport they find out that Marcelo was looking for a friend and got into a discussion with a charioteer. At the end of the fight they became friends and the charioteer (Gar Levit) took him to see his ship… not to be seen again. The ship, has since left B2 and looking at the clerk’s office, its destination is Bannockburn.

The ship, known as Black Screen, went to Bannockburn, though, it has landed only for supplies on the coming days, only loading, never unloading. Mostly food and goods. It is hinted that the ship is not leaving the system and going somewhere near the planet. There are two places, the old penal colony at the moon, or the abandoned Mining Station of Deterra Asteroid.
Searching Deterra will show that there is someone there and although the station low atmosphere and disrepair, with flickering lights and hazardous chemicals, there are prisoners.

Why all prisoners are noble and from different families? Why at the refinery is a huge gate like symbol? Where is Garand his ship? Why are there the rest of the nobles tied at the gate-like symbol? Why does someone need “royal” blood?
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:55 pm

I haven't read the B2 book in a while and I cannot remember the Levit character, but this promise to be an interesting story. And any story whose name ends in "... of Doom" is probably going to be awesome :p
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:09 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:50 am

Yes, it shouldn't be long now :D (Barring Easter hollidays putting things on hold :p )
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Well, I am back with a few ideas. Hope you enjoy this one!

Oni
Setup: The location can be known from a PC by a Li Halan or Engineer that knew someone who worked at the station. A priest might know the stories as forbidden technology practices. Mix group of characters is fine. Maybe with some allegiance to Li Halan, would be interesting, tough not necessary, IMHO.
Showcase: Duality on old resident and new resident morals, Forgotten soldiers, Which side is right?.

Background (GM eyes only): The Kuro Showakusei (Black Asteroid in Japanese) is a medium planetoid orbiting Magyor on the Midian system. The unusual rock composition, bounces of most sensor types, making the place a nightmare to find, with a few crashes with diaspora ships. The ships need to be equipped with TL 6 sensors or have the exact location, so it can be found.
During the Emperor Wars, an eager noble with new ideas, wanted to rival the Vorox commandos with human counter parts. So he gathered a team of scientists, crew members and volunteering soldiers (aka. Test subjects). Out of the 45 soldiers, only 15 survived the surgical and chemical procedures. And with the high costs, the noble went bankrupt, abandoning the facility with the scientist and leaving behind the soldiers, since they were now abominations, or Oni (Demon in Japanese).

The story can begin with the players either finding Kuro Showakusei or having previous knowledge (someone sold them the coordinates/map). After 3 days travel from Midian, it is possible to see the planetoid. There are two landing pads, one on the top and another in the bottom, with a ship docked. Landing on the upper hangar, the players will notice that the station is old, but functional.

Walking around they find a group of men and women all very tall and muscular, and at first they are aggressive and want to know who they are. Once tensions escalate down, the learn that they are the remaining test subjects, the Oni. Their leader is Hijiakata, a fair man with deep cultural knowledge. He holds the small group tight and in unison like a fire team. They have an engineer that helps around (not an Oni) with fixing and living with theme named Rikuto. Talking they find out that the base is being pillaged by scravers (the other ship on the lower hangar). For the last 7 months a feud has being going since the scravers started to take over the station. The second level is a no man’s land, being the fighting zone between the parties.

If the players seek out the scravers, their leader is James “Burner” Barns and his pilot and second in command Garegin Keghart. They are in the station to quell the debts from the former owner (the noble), and are trying to strip the place apart and make a living, according to superior orders. Both side suffered losses and a stalemate is obvious.
The scravers and calling in Muster reinforcements and the Oni are willing to blow the place in a no-one-keeps tactic.

Which side the players will abide? Will the Musters arrive and turn the stalemate? Or will the Oni blow the station up? Will any player go through the Oni Process?

Oni Process: Any human character may go through the “transformation”; it enhances the muscular and skeletal structure with cybernetics and special infusions of chemistry. The rule set I made can be changed or discussed with the players. It´s a mix between a Grimson and a

Players gain six points to spend on Strength, Dexterity and Vigor. If they want to increase these values even more, they may switch 1 to 1 from Endurance and/or Wits. Additionally they gain Scars (social issues 3pts - just like Horrible Scar or Burn, only worse) and are may became addicted to any kind of drug easier. An arm or leg may be replaced with a compatible cybernetic. Player will receive all XP halved for the first two sessions and then only two thirds. This is due to the chemical strain on the brain, making it harder to learn new skills.

As soon as I finish the maps, I will scan them for everybody use!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 am

Hey guys!

Remember the fan-pdf we were putting together? As it turned out, it was a bit more difficult than expected to release it, but it has now found a home on Holz' site, here: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/port ... downloads/

Kudos to Holz for a cool new FS fansite! :D
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”