Game release

General discussion on 1879.
Dark Schneider
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Game release

Postby Dark Schneider » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:15 pm

I was just wondering if the game release was still slated for the week of Thanksgiving(US Thanksgiving) or if it had been delayed. Just want to track my holiday purchases :D

TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Game release

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:53 pm

As much as I would love to have this in your hands by the end of this month, that's just not going to happen. We had some delays with layout for Earthdawn, and in order to get those resolved, 1879 had to be bumped. We'll have this out as soon as we can, but we're not going to rush anything and bring out a product of less quality than the FASA name deserves. The 1879 Minis Corebook is in layout now, with the Players Guide and GM's Guide for the RPG queued up. Thanks for your patience.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Dark Schneider

Postby Dark Schneider » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for the info. I'd been wondering if there'd be a delay, but nothing had been posted about it yet. I'm still eagerly looking forward to it.

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

Thanks for the poke. I'll get something up on the blog about the delay this weekend.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Dark Schneider

Postby Dark Schneider » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 pm

So any news on the game? There hasn't been a new blog post in a couple of months and while I know there's been a big focus on getting Earthdawn finished, I was wondering what you guys have had going on.

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:52 am

The 1879 Miniatures Corebook is in layout. We just got the last batch of minis photos in and are putting them through graphic arts, to add the circles and arrows and the paragraph on the back of each one. The RPG Players Guide has gone to layout and is having the art assets generated. The British and Samsut Forcebooks for the Minis line are through editorial, and are waiting for the new minis that go with them to get to us from RPE so we can start photographing them. The GM's Guide for the RPG is in editorial. If it would make things go any faster, I'd get out and push.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:45 pm

*gets out and begins to Push enslaving all in the area to help*

Dark Schneider

Postby Dark Schneider » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm

Cool, it's good to see that you guys are chugging along. Best of luck in getting everything to the so-called and mythical "finished" state.

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:24 am

There is no finished state. The Cult of Done Manifesto says that everything is a draft. This is why games have new versions. However, there comes a point where we have to say, okay, it's ready to play, and we need to stop trying to make it perfect or we'll be here for another year arguing over this one rules interpretation. There's also page count limitations, where you have to say, okay, this needs to go into a sourcebook so that the Players Guide runs less than a thousand pages :).
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 am

OK with Earthdawn nearly heading to Printers how goes the world of 1879.... cause still VERY Anxious to play as i have been exploring the idea of merging my Earthdawn Game with 1879 once it comes live...

Return to “General Discussion”