GM's Guide -- Anything you would like to see?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Richard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GM's Guide -- Anything you would like to see?

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:24 am

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:35 pm

Good morning, Richard! Welcome to the FASA forums. Not having seen what 4th Edition will look like, myself, yet, I couldn't tell you for sure what's in it. However, from all I've read from the Kickstarter page, and from my conversation, here, your ideas might have to await a fifth edition, if there is need of one; after all, 4th edition is sounding pretty tasty to me, already.

By the way... 20 YEARS?! That's awesome. I bet you have some stories to tell.

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:38 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Wait a minute, you can tie multiple threads in a single round with greater successes, in the rules, now? I'm trying to remember if that was in 1st Edition -my Earthdawn binder is packed, right now, I'm afraid- or a house rule I made up?

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm

It has been entirely too long since last I ran or played anything Earthdawn; the last time was in 2007, and a LOT has taken place, so I don't remember as well as I should. Thanks for the clarification.

Sangeet

Postby Sangeet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 am

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:21 pm

One of the reasons I love 1st Edition Earthdawn was because of the uniqueness of the system. When I ran it, I never felt it was clunky or inaccessible, and I was in the Army at the time, with all manner of responsibilities. I did get down a two-page Optional Rules Summary for Classic the last time I tried to run it, and I had a two-page Game Rules Summary somewhere, though now I seem to be unable to find it. However, I have to agree it's awfully difficult to have to look through for descriptions of Talents, Skills, Spells, Half-Magic, Weapons, Armor, and Gear every time you want to use something.

I am looking forward, now, to seeing ED4 in digest format, but that's going to be a VERY thick book, I think.

Here's the trouble with Earthdawn, from the beginning... choices, lots of choices and, though each Character is limited to a certain number of options in those choices, there is still a great deal to go with it. So, for my last group, I went to the trouble of printing out the pages dealing with anything each Player might need to look up quickly; I know for a fact it was appreciated, and it made the game run a lot more smoothly. However, with the digest format, unless there's an app that allows me to select the pages I want to take from the digest into an 8.5" x 11" split-page format, that's going to make life a lot more difficult. Instead, can the text in the books be made searchable and copy'able into a custom document file, so my future players will have continued ready access to their Character's knowledge?

Return to “Product Discussion”