Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Sangius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Sangius » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Yes, I sadly have to agree - way too many people buy before reading ... still a shame for me and my group ;) *makes sad puppy eyes*

Dale

Postby Dale » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm looking through it now and enjoying it. Reading the PDF does remind me of how much I like the dead tree editions moreso than the PDFs.

I too noticed the page references and was coming to mention them and to ask if it had to do with the art layout. On a side note, my wife's company builds in page references into their material that automatically update to the current page as things move around. I do not know what software you are using to create your books, but I would be shocked if there wasn't some way of creating "names/places" that could be tied to with a page reference. If you work it that way you wouldn't hard code the page number but link to the place and the page reference would update automatically as you create/add/move stuff around.
Dale

Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gkeckley » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 pm

I noticed that in the situation modifiers in the combat section on page 387 the Harried modifier for a defensive penalty does not match the text or example. The chart lists a -2 step penalty to all action and no penalty to defense. The text states a -2 step penalty and a -2 Defense penalty, in addition to the -2 Defense penalty if you are also blindsided. I am guessing the text and example are the correct modifiers.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:56 pm

I'll need to double check that -- the table matching the text is something that has been a bugaboo for the last couple of versions (I know I've sent it over to the layout guy before to be incorporated).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mountainshadow

Postby Mountainshadow » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:33 am

Thanks - got the link and browsing through the book right now. Feels like Birthday and X-Mas in one day...

Razan_GM

Postby Razan_GM » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:37 am

Where to report bugs/typos?

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:26 am

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Please don't... oh wait. Nevermind. :P
Josh Harrison --

etherial

Postby etherial » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:16 pm

You mean a summary table that has all the information for the races in one place?

There wasn't anything specifically planned for that, but it's a good idea and I'll ask the layout guy if he can fit something in.
Josh Harrison --

Return to “Product Discussion”