messenger discipline - question for panda

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
earcaraxe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

messenger discipline - question for panda

Postby earcaraxe » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:46 pm

I would like to ask panda for his input on the messenger discipline. On your blog, u suggested going with the scout discipline. In our group, there is a messenger, the guy really likes the theme, and we would like to help him te feel himself/his discipline special. What other modifications do u suggest as talent options for the messenger? What do u think the special abilities should be at 3rd, 5th circles?

Panda

Re: messenger discipline - question for panda

Postby Panda » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:45 am

I am putting something together right now which should be available on Tuesday.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 am

wow, cool!

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:41 am

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:46 am

very nice!

i see that this version of messenger gets the plus defenses, like it was customary in 3rd edition, however the other disciplines doesnt get those anymore. Is it intentional?

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 am

If you are referring to disciplines in the Player's Guide, I see no reason to list them since the information is in the Player's Guide and there is nothing in particular relevant for commentary.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:47 pm

All ED4 disciplines have defense bonuses, I only list them for disciplines where there is not an official version of the discipline. This is because I am trying to only provide commentary and insight for disciplines with official versions. Those where I am presenting something which cannot be found elsewhere, I provide all of the necessary mechanical information since it is not available anywhere else. The background, karma ritual, etc. is omitted from disciplines from official material which is being updated since it can largely be found in the original source.

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:33 pm

oh, now its clear. I thought those defense bonuses got scrapped in 4th ed.

Return to “Product Discussion”