When will Earthdawn 4 be available?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
sroy1970
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

When will Earthdawn 4 be available?

Postby sroy1970 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello!

I am going to GenCon next week (and playing in 2 ED4 games). I was hoping to pick up ED4 while I was there, but I saw a comment in another post that it won't be ready. I was going to start a campaign when I got back with my 2 sons. Do you have an idea on when the PDF will be available?

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: When will Earthdawn 4 be available?

Postby Mataxes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 am

Later this month for the Player's Guide. We've got a (hopefully final) proof-read under way thanks to some generous folks, and we're just waiting for the final art to get slotted in.

GM's Guide is going to be a little bit later (probably September for the electronic release).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 pm

is it out now then? if not, what should we expect for date?

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Anyword?

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:47 pm

The 12th of Never at this point :(

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:03 pm

February 31st.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Sorry about the radio silence on my part lately. Lots of nasty personal stuff going on that I won't saddle you with.

According to the information I have from Jeff L, we expect the final art to be coming in this week. If all goes as planned, it will get slotted in by layout over the long weekend/first couple days of December. Assuming the PDF comes out looking good, it will be going out to the KS backers (and be available in the shop), giving a few days for initial "fan-proofing" to come back, we hope to have the book off to the printers by mid-December. Print copies will start shipping as soon as we get them back... so (*fingers crossed*) we'll see print copies going out by end of year.

The biggest reason for the delays in the book has been art, partly from issues that were the result of figuring out the production pipeline. I think the worst of our growing pains are behind us in that regard.

We are not sitting on our laurels while waiting for the Player's Guide to go out the door, I've been getting the GM Guide in order, art is in progress for that, so hopefully the turnaround on that book will be much shorter and smoother.

I certainly apologize for the delays, and I hope that while this initial book had a rocky launch, the next few books will go much more smoothly.
Josh Harrison --

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:07 am

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, Mataxes.

Could I suggest a kickstarter update. :)

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:21 pm

That will be later today. This day has been busy so far.

Part of what's been going on with my own life is that in my day job, our union went out on strike back in mid-October, and the stress and uncertainty related to that (which is still going on) aren't conducive to creative work (despite all the extra "free time" it has afforded).
Josh Harrison --

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Best of luck with the negotiations; I hope you guys can get back to work soon.

Return to “Product Discussion”