Landis

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
earcaraxe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Landis

Postby earcaraxe » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Im playing a character right now, who is of landisian noble ancestry. He has a goal of some kind of restoration, along the lines of the kingdom/his noble house. Where can i read about Landis, which sourcebook? How did this kingdom perish? What happened there during, after the scourge?

thanks!

etherial

Re: Landis

Postby etherial » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:39 pm

IIRC, Landis was tricked by the Horrors into a series of unwinnable wars against Cara Fahd that effectively destroyed both Kingdoms.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:41 pm

There isn't much about the Kingdom of Landis in any official materials -- there is some information in the Cara Fahd books, but mainly in relation to its history with the ork nation.

There was (IIRC) a Landis book that was in development back in the ED3 days, but if there is a manuscript, I haven't seen it.

I'm not sure what we're going to do with Landis at this point.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:45 pm

There's also some bits about Landis in the Sky Point & Vivane box set, I believe. I can check when I get home.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Hiya,

Book Three: Vivane Province of the Sky Point & Vivane box set has a small section on Landis (pages 48-49, specifically). Landis suffered badly during the Scourge. It's a kingdom ripe for adventuring, with it's many lost ruins and opportunities for restoration.

Hope this helps!

Take kaer, James

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:13 am

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:22 pm

thanks all!

i remember now, that one of the named horrors has some connection to landis.

so, is it the main story, that most of the landisian towns couldnt pay for the defensive rituals?

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:50 pm

evil

Postby evil » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:52 pm

I had an idea for a campaign to run my players threw. It had a few story plot lines with turning Landis into a LOTRs stile reforming of the Kingdom. the story picks up after Barsaive at War books. Therans are looking for friendlies in Barsaive and looking to help rebuild Landis. Therans are looking to weaken the Orcs of Cara Fahd and Crystal Raiders. Provoking Cara Fahd and Sky Raiders to raid in Landis causing a nationalistic desire from the humans of Landis to want to band together and fight back. Therans are hiring war vets and mercs to help defend the people of Landis from the evil orks and trolls while claiming they are Loyalist to a Theran plant to be a decedent(which he is) of the Royal house of Landis (what ever the last ruling families last name is) and sending in heavy raiding parties to Cara Fahd and ambushing Sky raiders when they can- to make it appear that Landis groups are raiding them.

Adventures would mostly be about finding the Pattern items for Landis (or getting them back); chatting with air Pirate bands to join the new navy or switching their target to attack to non-theran and non landis shipping; Trying to get a few troll moots to join up or work out a deal of some kind; raiding troll moots clans. Trying to find as many kears as possible to help fund this operation. The Cara Fahd book mentions a few areas or groups of that hate Cara Fahd finding and making friendly contact with those groups. Even trying to salvage some wrecked air ships from the war near sky point to repair or cannibalize ship wrecks in the area.

The group I was running were Theran friendly so most my idea come from that point of view. But that would be some ideas for a campaign using landis and that area.

Return to “For Game Masters”