Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Postby Angelman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Oh! As far as I can remember, we only fixed typos and such, plus added a nice color background and did some other layout things. I don't THINK we changed the rules and such any.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bogie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Mostly the typos that we could find and we added some errata as well.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:02 am

Quick question - For both Urge and Hubris the side bar says that if the character FAILS the roll then they gain Urge/Hubris. Is that right? It seems logical that if they pass a Self Control/Empathy roll then they would prevent the encroachment of the negative rather than enable it. Is it a typo or is there a logic there that I've missed?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 am

This is an issue that has plagued the community since FS1, I think. Half the fans find this to be logical, while the other half finds it illogical. Use whichever version best works for your group. (Note that we will offer an alternative Urge/Hubris system in one of the upcoming books scheduled, I think, for next year. This system has no ambigious rules).
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 am

I'm toying with the idea of house ruling it to be that the player is warned if they perform.action X they will gain Urge/Hubris then if they choose to follow through they gain the point without a roll. It then becmes a conscious choice to walk that path rather than letting the dice decide.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 am

That is not far off from how we'll be doing it in the future. My basic idea was to take Urge/Hubris episodes out of the GMs hands and turn them into player choices. So, when an episode occurs, the player is given a choice; either fulfill a demand that relates to the level of Urge/Hubris the character currently has (i.e. breaking some sort of taboo, etc.), or gain a level of Urge/Hubris. Each level presents the player with steadily graver demands, making it more and more tempting to "skip this one and accept a level of Urge/Hubris". So, there will be no dice roll any longer, only a matter of player choosing between two evils.

That said, the old system will remain as an alternative for those who prefer it. As the FS core rules have always insisted, the rules given for Urge/Hubris etc. are but examples of how to simulate it, and now, with the new rules, the gaming groups will have a choice of two ways of simulating occult corruption.
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Found a few things missing on the weapons tables.
On the Autofeed, the Hazat 86 Gold Model lines are wrong. My guess is Shots and price.
At shotguns the Dreskel Boomer has no caliber, as the Typical Caseless Rifle on Caseless rifles.

If I find something else, I'll post it!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:58 pm

One thing that should be done asap is the Lifepath pdf. Each time a new player try to build a character, it goes through many inconsistency among the skills. This pdf doesn't need to be hardprinted so just a few modification that should take around what, an hour at most would be very appreciated.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks! I will compile. I know some of the changes in the Lifepath document are supposed to be applied to the PG and some were bugs in the other direction.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:10 am

Lovely! :)

Thanks!

Return to “Product Discussion”