Breaking Muster Chains

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Breaking Muster Chains

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:29 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Re: Breaking Muster Chains

Postby Angelman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am

Hm... good question. Hacking the controls sounds fun? But I guess all could work (although I would personally not recommend the last option :p )
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:28 am

When I posed the question to a friend the last option was her first suggestion....(if it was an NPC) ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Escape now, get them off later? It depends what the story calls for, I think. If you want it to be a big hassle, you should require the players to make some underworld contacts and get some yeoman fixer to get them off of the character... for a price (such as doing a job for the local crime boss, etc). Or, if you need them off asap, allow the character to have the engineer reprogram them.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:32 am

All of them are viable options. I would say it mostly depends on the skills and tools available to the people doing the freeing. In many cases it might be easier to subdue the Muster guildsperson who slapped the chains on. :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 pm

In our last couple of gaming sessions a key NPC (and nominal patron of the players) got slapped in Muster chains. The Muster player at the table was keen to point out how serious this was and after some discussion the players decided that, if the need arose, they would flee with the NPC first and sort out how to remove the cuffs later.

If they were unable to appropriate the control device for the cuffs the general consensus was "hack her hands off and buy her some new ones" but mercifully for her it didn't come to that.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:47 pm

That sounds like so wrong. "Cut his hands and get new ones on the supermarket." o.O
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 am

Yes, it's very wrong but a) they were up against it at the time and b) they often view Fading Suns through "grim dark" googles as they are more familiar with Warhammer 40k and often use that as a frame of reference.

To be fair though I had a similar thing with a different group some years ago when I ran Cyberpunk....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Gotta love cyberpunk =P
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Return to “For Players”