Swordmaster Preview!

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Swordmaster Preview!

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:14 am

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Sundahk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Swordmaster Preview!

Postby Sundahk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:02 am

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

What does Durability:7 means?
Duvvelsheyss

Roth

Postby Roth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:43 am

Interesting.

Any particular reason for front loading combat?

I count 1 true social talent, First Impression, for Novice tier.

I assume the
"Ability: Karma on Interaction tests"
means I can spend karma on any test involving interaction; talents, skills, ability score? If yes, doesn't that make every 'interaction based' talent a Discipline talent?

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:39 am

Henghyoke

Postby Henghyoke » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:57 am

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Is First Impression still once ever per target?

I've never played with the social talents, but this always seemed to be really limited to me. And certainly not something I'd want as a required discipline talent. I would think that Impressive Display might make more sense as a Swordmaster Disipline Talent, not an Optional.

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:51 pm

First off thanks for posting the Sword Master. I am liking what I am seeing so far. A lot will depend on how talents have been changed. Access to Spot Armor Flaw to help with damage and Tiger Spring as a novice option finally for the Sword Master. It always irked me that they got access to Acrobatic Srike at 1st but did not get Tiger Spring until 5th. I like the karma on interaction tests, but think as above that it should be cleared up as to exactly what that means. There are a lot of great optional talents at each tier making for some difficult choices to be made (Awesome). Not sure I like the size up ability taking an action. It seems to lose some usefulness as a result, not a big deal though. Question will Spot Armor Flaw be a standard or simple action? As a side note to the comment above about Second Attack and Second Wepon above, I totally forgot that in first edition these could not be combined. In third edition you can use both in the same round and I hope that will be the case in 4th edition.

Roth

Postby Roth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”