Crimson Skies PLEASE!

Discussion on topics that aren't specifically related to current FASA product lines or don't fit elsewhere.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TankLord
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crimson Skies PLEASE!

Postby TankLord » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:11 pm

I think this is one of the greatest universes that FASA created, every but as rich and unique as Battletech, and Shadowrun.

There is still a active community playing and creating in this wonderful backdrop of air pirates and adventure. If you haven't seen the Montana Raiders site you should have a look!

zayven

Re: Crimson Skies PLEASE!

Postby zayven » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:44 pm

My understanding is that FASA Corporation doesn't actually own the Crimson Skies IP, so it isn't in a position to license it to FASA Games. Microsoft somehow wound up with the license back during the revolving door days of FASA's various computer game ventures. It's unfortunate, too, because Microsoft doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the property (despite having made the awesome "High Road to Revenge" game for Xbox).

Crimson Skies was an awesome minis game. Way more fun than Battletech, in my opinion. I never played a game in which there wasn't at least one mid-air collision. It would make a great RPG with some kind of pulp-centric Savage Worlds type system.

I'm not sure if the unwillingness to revive it is due to licensing difficulties with Microsoft or with lack of interest. I remember WizKids made a Clix version, but I don't know how well it was received (I bought some of the planes, but only to use them with the original game since my Ral Partha minis kept breaking off their plastic stands). That was over ten years ago, though. I was always surprised that Catalyst never picked it up, but again, I think that had something to do with the licensing rights.

cozadjason

Re: Crimson Skies PLEASE!

Postby cozadjason » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:29 am

I would just like to say I very much agree with original post. Crimson skies is still one of the best games I've ever played as far as a dogfighting sim. I've actually been trying to figure out how to get such a suggestion to Microsoft to bring us a new version of this game, with the power of current next gen consoles and the connectivity of today, this would be amazing. I can't speak for others, but I for one would pay for this game and most likely any following sequals, provided they stayed somewhat true to what made this game so much fun,flight control, story line, and frankly for its time awesome graphics. So if anyone reads this who could make it happen, or suggest it to somone who could. Please give us a Crimson Skies Higher road to revenge game!

Return to “General Discussion”